sherlock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Managed about 10 minutes and then junked it - tosh.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Saw it tonight. I loved it and looking forward to next series as suggested in the trailer after prog.
GF thought it town but admitted she had dropped of at least once.

A few years ago I took her to "Star Trek Insurrection", and had to keep nudging when she was snoring.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Saw it tonight. I loved it and looking forward to next series as suggested in the trailer after prog.
GF thought it town but admitted she had dropped of at least once.

A few years ago I took her to "Star Trek Insurrection", and had to keep nudging when she was snoring.
Hubster had to keep waking me up when we went to see Watchmen. I might of dozed off in Insurrection too as I'm sure I went to see it but can't remember a thing about it.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Hubster had to keep waking me up when we went to see Watchmen. I might of dozed off in Insurrection too as I'm sure I went to see it but can't remember a thing about it.

I loved Watchmen and thought it outstanding; a quality film, not merely enthralling. Yet coming out of the cinema feeling I'd just watched something rather special only to overhear someone else moaning "that's 2 hours wasted" . Superman it ain't !

Norry1

Legendary Member
I don't watch it - but do enjoy the Elementary series.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I'm a biggish fan of the Sherlock (Freeman-Cumberpatch flavour) but felt that this one was trying just a bit too hard to be deep and earnest, also the characters have begun to develop almost superheroic abilities and perception, which seems to be verging on daft.

The best episode...perhaps scene that I saw was an early episode where Watson modestly hides his true "soldiering" ability by calmly pulling of a wonder shot and taking out a would be assailant.

It instantly developed his character as a dependable, loyal, courageous, unflappable and modest sidekick who despite acting a little like a nerd, was going to work out to be a strong ally and an intrinsic part of the plot. it was excellent development.

I think Freeman does a better job than Cumberpatch in this series to be honest.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
i found it way to confusing
I missed the first few minutes but will have a stab at summarising.

Holmes is stoned on a jet flight to Biggin Hill (apparently) with nothing better to occupy his over-active mind, he entered his "mind palace" and dreamt a way to solve a 100 year old Ghost/Murder crime.

Turns out the Jilted and murderous wife who took her own life and then came back from the dead to punish her adulterous husband was actually assisted in doing so (with a little help from Ms Pankhurst and her newly formed movement) by faking her death, allowing her to carry out the murder just before she died from consumption anyhow.

Then, the suffragette movement, impressed with the amount of fear that the Ghostly tales had installed on the male dominated population, carried out copy-cat acts throughout the years, to compound and "keep the fear alive". thereby ensuring happy marriages for all. "is it you...You...or You?"

No Idea why Holmes senior was seen to be attempting his own demise by gluttony, as a bet with his younger brother ...anyone?

Moriarty made a zombiesque appearance to, I believe, foretell that his death is not the end of him and that future episodes will see the legacy of his evil plots unwind for a good while...dead but not gone

I think

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I loved Watchmen and thought it outstanding; a quality film, not merely enthralling. Yet coming out of the cinema feeling I'd just watched something rather special only to overhear someone else moaning "that's 2 hours wasted" . Superman it ain't !
I have seen Watchmen since. A few times and love it, it's a great film. That person was right, Superman it wasn't. Superman was tosh! I must have been exhausted that day. I like the graphic novel films usually.
When they showed the Christopher Reeve 1st Superman film, at Christmas - a lot of years ago - I fell asleep at the end of the opening credits, and woke at the beginning of the end credits. I thought that the credits were going on and on and on.

Top Bottom