She's Taking A Liberty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flyingfish

Thought you drank the single malt with coke in asda lol
Pete

raleighnut

Legendary Member
My beloved only wanted to put some of my Courvoisier on the Christmas cake! Talk about taking a liberty! She'll be want some of my single malt with coke next! I need a lie down.
Surely you can spare a measure of spirit for 'Christmas spirit' after all she's not gonna try floating the cake in a bowl of it, most recipes call for 2-3 tablespoons and it does massively enhance the flavour.
I'd lay money that you'll be scoffing a fair bit of said cake an all. Now if someone was to pour it over a Christmas pud and set fuggin fire to it :eek: I could understand you being a bit miffed. :cursing: I would be

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
Surely you can spare a measure of spirit for 'Christmas spirit' after all she's not gonna try floating the cake in a bowl of it, most recipes call for 2-3 tablespoons and it does massively enhance the flavour.
I'd lay money that you'll be scoffing a fair bit of said cake an all. Now if someone was to pour it over a Christmas pud and set fuggin fire to it :eek: I could understand you being a bit miffed. :cursing: I would be
That's what three barrels and similar are for. Not my good cognac! :cursing:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I fed my Christmas pudding lots of my whiskey, after all I'm going to consume it:biggrin: Luckily no one else in the house drinks it so nobody will complain, unless I've drowned the pudding!

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
I fed my Christmas pudding lots of my whiskey, after all I'm going to consume it:biggrin: Luckily no one else in the house drinks it so nobody will complain, unless I've drowned the pudding!
I wouldn't mind if it was the whisky, as long as it was the Famous Grouse.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I wouldn't mind if it was the whisky, as long as it was the Famous Grouse.

Don't be so bloody precious.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
[QUOTE 3439865, member: 259"]Life's too short. If you must pay through the nose for that sort of stuff you should be allowed to drink it with Lenor if you want.[/QUOTE]
I suppose so but I think that I can hear my Dad turning in his grave at the very mention of that. He was very particular about a decent Scotch, and doesn't everyone in the family know it.

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
Putting Coke with Single Malt is against the law. Get cheapy Tesco value scotch if coke is going anywhere near it.
Quite right too! A really good single malt is very drinkable without adding anything, and that includes ice. Cheap scotch can be very nice with coke or ginger beer. I'm drinking Grouse with ginger wine tonight. :smile:

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Got wretchedly drunk on a bottle of scotch (don't ask me which one) with a mate to celebrate leaving school in 1976.

Nearly 40 years later, still can't touch the stuff without feeling sick! xx(

Top Bottom