Shimano 105 5700 STI Double 10 Speed Road Lever Set

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Just bought some of the Shimano 105 5700 STI Double 10 Speed Road Levers from CRC, or thought I did, they sent the triple ones by mistake, I have been very happy with CRC in the past but these levers came in a plastic bag with just the gear inner cables !

I was expecting a full set of cables & them to come in Shimano branded packaging, has anybody else bought these ? and did they come with full set of cables ?

I have returned them through their excellent free returns service, Wiggle have them at the same price but I am unsure about the cable situation.

potsy

Rambler
Not bought shifters but most of the recent Shimano stuff I have bought has come in plastic bags, this includes cassettes, BB's, and from more than just CRC :unsure:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I wouldn't have expected brake cables as well as levers. What does it say on the products description on the CRC website? You should find the answer there.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Most stuff I buy these days comes in plastic bags, as long as they are the real thing what does it matter. I wouldnt have expected them to come with the cables anymore that I would have expected a cassette to come complete with a wheel ;)

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
The last set I bought ( Ultegra ) did come with Shimano packaging and complete cable set but that was a good few years ago things may have changed, from questions & answers on the Evans site most people say they come with cables but 1 says no cables ! but Evans are £20 more expensive.

Here is the ad, what would you expect ? very misleading ? if they mean just 2 inner gear cables they should say so.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=87746

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
The last set I bought ( Ultegra ) did come with Shimano packaging and complete cable set but that was a good few years ago things may have changed, from questions & answers on the Evans site most people say they come with cables but 1 says no cables ! but Evans are £20 more expensive.

Here is the ad, what would you expect ? very misleading ? if they mean just 2 inner gear cables they should say so.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=87746

Yes fair enough the ad says it comes with cables so I guess it should, but if they are to replace existing shifters and I already had cables I cant say I would be that bothered after all cables are quite cheap.

Afnug are they labled tripple or just have three positions ? (apolgies if it teaching your granny to suck egs) but the middle position on a double is just a trimming position.

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
FFS, why would anyone care what packaging stuff comes in. :rolleyes:

We waste too much on packaging, so good for them.

Totally agree, but when half of the order came with the correct packaging and the levers were the wrong ones and they only came with 2 inner gear cables I was wondering if they were returns they were trying to offload. I may be a bit paranoid.

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I bought a pair of Ultegra shifters and they came in a bag rather then a box. But were definitely brand new.

Top Bottom