Shimano compatible 10 speed chainset wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
good call on keeping the bike.

I'm maybe a bit old fashioned but I think the frame, its feel and geometry are the most important part/core of a good bike.

It can then just be maintained and fine tuned.

So things just get better.

The BB shouldn't be clicking of course though.

What sort (type, not manufacturer) is it?

I think i like the ride because im right on the edge of having the wrong frame for my height though it fits albeit my toes occasionally touch the front wheel if i turn too sharply. But I like the more racier seating position compared to my cube which is more upright (or maybe too upright for my tastes now). The Triban just feels better when going fast or faster i should say. lm also not as stretched out as i am on the cube and this gives me the most comfort to the point where i wonder if the frame on my cube is too big for me. :wacko: Come to think of it. I probably bought the Triban in 2015 not 2016. 2016 was the year i purchased my cube.

as for what sort of BB it is, Specs list it as 'external threaded' so i know BB-R60 will work

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Well....The Triban is back from the LBS after the FC-4700 and BB swap. Unfortunately theyve misplaced the old parts that i told them to keep hold of for me in the box i provided. Waiting for a phone call from the mechanic that did the work to see if he's managed to find them.

knocked £10 off the final bill for the trouble. The new chainset does look really nice though. Definitely not as ugly as the original. Maybe a placebo affect but the bike does seem a little lighter. One of the reasons why i wanted to keep the old chainset was to put it on the scales. ProWheel never listed the actual weight for it or their BB

Looking forward to going out on it later and seeing if the shifting has changed.

Gunk

Guru
Well....The Triban is back from the LBS after the FC-4700 and BB swap. Unfortunately theyve misplaced the old parts that i told them to keep hold of for me in the box i provided. Waiting for a phone call from the mechanic that did the work to see if he's managed to find them.

this exactly why you should do it yourself

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
this exactly why you should do it yourself

I dont have the tools for it. Though I should really learn... To add more insult to injury, when i went out for a test ride earlier, the ride only lasted 4mins. Whoever at the shop worked on my bike not only misplaced my old parts but they also didnt have the front derailleur set back up correctly and it did not shift up because too much slack in the cable and i cant fix that myself as i dont have the tools.

My fault for not checking before i left the shop earlier today. Though ive had a lot of work done by these folks over the years and this is the first time i've had a real issue with them.

They keep training up these new people who either arent very organised, hate the job or just incredibly lazy. The bike is in a rideable condition but why would i want to take it home in such a condition where i cant use half the gears? :wacko:

Im really confused by that... I didnt get a phone call from them earlier either so i guess the parts are as good as gone.

Maybe its time i look for other repair shops in my area.

Top Bottom