shimano dura-ace help...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr-marty-martin

hello

my team has othered me a new orca for next season, and are wanting to put the shimano dura ace di2 on it ( electric )

since im a youth ive hit sort of a wall...

i have to use gear restrictions, so with a 50 front ring thats a 16 on the rear, now the bike is going to come with the dura-ace wheels, anyone no a cassette that will fit, and is it true the dura ace cassette body has differant splines compared to the normal shimano?

the other option is changing the front ring to a 39, but i dont think you can get a dura ace outer ring in 39...

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
do you want to swap problems? My boiler's broke.

yenrod

dan_bo said:
He's a kid yenbo they're on resticted gears so they don't feck themselves.

My boiler's still up the shitter though.

Kidz these days Dan, come on - when I was 16 I was kicking a 52 ring into touch/play...talk about namby pambying... :biggrin:

Get a plumber Danny 'boy ! ;)

yenrod

dan_bo said:
That's probably why we're knackered now!;)

Speak for yourself - I was zooming today - 60 in 3.15.. :biggrin:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Yeah. Legs are hurting this evening; good race though!

Tell you what if you can push 50:16 in a CX race you're getting paid for it!

I've heard of the gear restriction thing for years- sprinting and pushing massive gears from a youg age apparently isn't that good for the heart, toughens the heart walls or something like that. Not a good thing!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The wheels should take any cassette - the newer wheels fit 8-10 speed - they went back to standard splines.

You'll have to adjust the limit screws on the mech, but not so sure Di2 will like it.....

OP
OP
M

mr-marty-martin

yeah the problem was i couldnt get a da cassette with a 16 tooth, but if they've went back to the normal splines then thats ok, and if not on the models were gettin then i suppose a change of wheels is in order...

If you're limited to 16, I guess you want as many useable cogs as you can get, as few cogs you need to make redundant as possible
- no point having 10sp 12-23 if you have the 12, 13, 14, 15 cogs locked-out and you're reduced to effectively a 6sp cassette...

You can get a 16-27 Ultegra cassette which will fit on the current DA wheels (but not the older 7800 model)
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Shimano_Ultegra_6600_10_Speed_Cassette/5360014339/
http://www.sbrsports.com/319-417908?sid=1647614151c2dc0f

OP
OP
M

mr-marty-martin

ive heard using a none dura cassette on dura wheels still grinds them up

a can get a bb 16-whatever so guna get differant wheels and use that,

Top Bottom