Shimano Sora Brake Lever Adjustment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gkilner

Hi,

My bike has drop bars with Tektro pull levers on the horizontal bar, and Shimano Sora levers/gear chage on the drops.

The problem is, I only have to pull in the tektro levers about half way before the brake blocks make contact with the rim, where as even when the Sora levers are fully pulled in - against the bar, the blocks are barely making contact with the rim.

Can the Sora levers be adjusted in any way, so that both sets of levers are more closely matched? I've had a look at the Shimano Sora set-up leaflet but can't see anything obvious.

Thanks,

Gavin.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hmmm......without seeing how it's all connected up is difficult, as anything you do at the calliper, will affect the tektro levers - how is it all connected up ?

Personally, I'd just stick with the proper Sora Levers on the drops and do away with the 'add ons'......

OP
OP
G

gkilner

I've taken a photo - sorry my mobile camera is a bit pants.

Image029.jpg

The cable comes from the calliper, through the tektro leaver, out the other side and into the sora.

I've had a good luck and can't see any adjustment at the Sora end, since buying the bike in March, I've barely touched the sora leavers - I nearly always use the tektro add-ons. I'm too used to riding mountain bikes.

OP
OP
G

gkilner

spandex said:
Undo the bolt that is holding the cable pinch the brake blocks so they touch the rim pull the cable tight then do up the bolt. Test if it is still not as you wish like do it agen.

I've had a mess about and adjusted them so that the Sora levers are usable. The levers just don't seem very well matched.

I'm going to make for of an effort to try and start using the drop sora levers more - see if I can get used to them.

Thanks for all the comments.

Top Bottom