Shimano SRAM cassettes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone got any views on relative quality?

I know that they are entirely compatible, at least up to 9 speed, which is all that bothers me.

I have used SRAM 7 speed cassettes on a dual drive system (3x7) and they seemed somewhat shinier than Shimano's offerings at that price point. Not the most technical assessment at all I know but all seemed well.

On my many derailleur bikes I have long used SRAM chains but for some maybe odd reason (maybe it's the Libra fariness seeping out) always with Shimano cassettes.

I stress that I am not interested in any assessments of developments above 9 speed nor care not an iota for gram saving.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have a two Sram shod bikes. Chains I tend to prefer Sram or KMC principally due to the ease of joining rather than the Shimano pin which is imho a pain, although I believe this is changing with Shimano starting to provide quick links. Cassette wise I have used both but tend to use Shimano due to cost (they seem to be a bit cheaper) . I haven't noticed any significant difference in longevity or performance of similar speccd cassettes.

Top Bottom