Shipping Vintage Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
I apologise in advance if this is not appropriate to this section but the bike in question is vintage !
I have been asked if l would ship a bicycle from my place (in France) to Russia :bicycle:

I have no idea which shipper would be prepared to take the job or even if it is possible.....does anyone have any ideas or experience of this kind of thing ?

I sold a vintage bike on eBay a few years back and got a query from someone who claimed to be in Russia about buying it from the UK.

I looked into it and there seemed to be potentially a lot of paperwork involved in it so didn't agree to sell it. Unless you know the person and are happy with the extra fuss and potential risks then, personally, I wouldn't bother.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Its terrible when you can't trust a buyer from Russia - who may well be a solid law abiding citizen - but there ARE many scammers living there also and they spoil it for everybody else. I think that its not worth the risk unless you know the person you are selling to or they can be vouched for by a reputable third party. Especially if the bike is a valuable one.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Its terrible when you can't trust a buyer from Russia - who may well be a solid law abiding citizen - but there ARE many scammers living there also and they spoil it for everybody else. I think that its not worth the risk unless you know the person you are selling to or they can be vouched for by a reputable third party. Especially if the bike is a valuable one.
I am sure you are right and in any case non of the shippers l contacted so far will touch the job !

Top Bottom