Shock horror. Brown rice isn't more healthy than white.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Yeah but wasn’t Arborio later busted for starch doping and stripped of its title…

I think it was a little Po faced after

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
surely it has more fibre or something??
Certainly has more brown.

presta

Guru
I bought some last week.

At the time I used to buy it, I got it from Sainsburys because they sold it as 'ordinary' pasta, whereas Tesco regarded it as something special and sold it for megabucks under their 'Finest' brand. Sainsburys stopped selling it during the panic buying, and as I eventually switched to an alternative I haven't paid a lot of attention, but it wasn't there on the odd few occasions I looked out of curiosity. I've never checked Tesco's, because I'd already written them off as too expensive.

I used to use it for this, but after switching to spaghetti cooked in a separate pan, I've never been tempted to go back, largely because orzo went gooey after reheating it from frozen.

At the time I used to buy it, I got it from Sainsburys because they sold it as 'ordinary' pasta, whereas Tesco regarded it as something special and sold it for megabucks under their 'Finest' brand. Sainsburys stopped selling it during the panic buying, and as I eventually switched to an alternative I haven't paid a lot of attention, but it wasn't there on the odd few occasions I looked out of curiosity. I've never checked Tesco's, because I'd already written them off as too expensive.

I used to use it for this, but after switching to spaghetti cooked in a separate pan, I've never been tempted to go back, largely because orzo went gooey after reheating it from frozen.

In the ASDA just round the corner from me it’s around 75p for 500g and no different in price from any of the other pastas. Tesco, on the other hand, have it at £1.70 for 500g.

presta

Guru
In the ASDA just round the corner from me it’s around 75p for 500g and no different in price from any of the other pastas. Tesco, on the other hand, have it at £1.70 for 500g.

Yes, that sort of difference sounds familiar. Spaghetti is 28p/500g, and more convenient for the recipe I was using the orzo in.

Top Bottom