Shoe help / Clipless

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Nope. Cleats should (once you have them positioned correctly) be screwed up as tight as you can possibly get them. Like they're welded in position.

Incidentally, a little memory trick for getting pedals off (remembering which one's reverse threaded): right's right, left is wrong. Ie, the right pedal works the way you'd expect - it's unscrews 'normally' - the left one works t'other way around.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
watch THIS
Will help you.

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

ianrauk said:
Why are you trying to take the pedal off?
Are you trying to undo in the correct direction as posted above?

I mean the pedals what were first on the bike. I've took one off, but not the other. I need to take the right one off.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
good stuff mate.
Good luck.. you wont regret going clipless...
But do practice first, say in a doorway with the bike just cliping in and out.
Doesnt take long to become second nature

I am Spartacus

Über Member
its been a long time... he's stranded on the bike in the hallway, computer keyboard just out of reach......................................................

beachcaster

I am Spartacus said:
its been a long time... he's stranded on the bike in the hallway, computer keyboard just out of reach......................................................

Very good....
We might need to send in a rescue party :biggrin:

barry

TechMech

I suspect he's had problems unclipping at the first junction he came to and fell off into the road straight into the path of the lorry that was following him......

....serioulsy though I hope he's OK :biggrin:

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
aJohnson said:
I keep going towards the minus with the allan key but I still don't seem to have a big enough gap for the cleats to go into.

Doesn't anyone live near Bury :biggrin:

Top Bottom