Shoe help / Clipless

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

*Yay!* I've got used to it now, going to practice a little later, just rode it up my street to see if I can clip in whilst riding.

Real first ride will be tomorrow :biggrin:

Turning was weird.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
firework-gold.gif
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/1123/firework-gold.gif

TechMech

aJohnson said:
I keep going towards the minus with the allan key but I still don't seem to have a big enough gap for the cleats to go into.

You do realise that the + and - screw has nothing to do with increasing the gap. When you clip the front end of the cleat into the pedal and press down, the back moves backwards under sprung tension and then snaps forward to clip the shoe in. The + and - adjust the tension on this spring from strong to weak, to allow you to adjust the force it takes to clip in and clip out.

Hope this helps ;)

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

TechMech said:
You do realise that the + and - screw has nothing to do with increasing the gap. When you clip the front end of the cleat into the pedal and press down, the back moves backwards under sprung tension and then snaps forward to clip the shoe in. The + and - adjust the tension on this spring from strong to weak, to allow you to adjust the force it takes to clip in and clip out.

Hope this helps ;)

Yeah now I realize that, I though it had to do with opening the gap, I'm such a numpty. :ohmy:

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Downward said:
I must be the only bloke who reads instruction manuals !

I skim read :rolleyes:

Top Bottom