Shoes, pedals & cleats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I'm after some cycling shoes & cleat in pedals. Where's the best place to get them? I don't want to spend a fortune. I'm 8.5 if anybody is selling any shoes.

Kind regards.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Google Shopping

Lee_M

Guru
[QUOTE 2487756, member: 30090"]Go into your local bike shop and try on some pairs of shoes. Make a note of the size and make of the shoe and go home onto CRC and order them. Save you a few quid.[/quote]

then bleat and winge when your local LBS closes down because people keep doing that.

buy on line by all means but dont take the piss

Lee_M

Guru
[QUOTE 2487801, member: 30090"]A few things to note:

I'll never bleat and moan about an lbs closing.

LBSs ain't all that when it comes to info imo. After all the guy behind the counter is just giving their opinion of which I can find many and more informed by researching on the internet. This place is a good example for instance.

[/quote]

how do you try on shoes online? the guy in the shop has to buy his gear for you to go and try on
Its my right as a consumer.

it is, its also their right to tell you to fark off

The day when there is only Evans, Halfords et al left is the day when I have the best excuse for a 20 mile round trip to buy a water bottle and try on some mitts (to buy later online of course).

nice attitude, hope you can find somewhere to try them on

vickster

Legendary Member
You may well need to buy a size up, buying online means you could spend a while finding a pair that suits, and time and possibly money returning them. Or you could go to Evans, find a pair, use your smart phone to find a cheaper price and then get a price match at the till. Evans have a list of match competitors on their site. Other chains have a similar policy

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
How do you go to the lbs if there isnt any within a 20mile radiis of were you live

Reactions: gaz
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
You may well need to buy a size up, buying online means you could spend a while finding a pair that suits, and time and possibly money returning them. Or you could go to Evans, find a pair, use your smart phone to find a cheaper price and then get a price match at the till. Evans have a list of match competitors on their site. Other chains have a similar policy

Nice idea :smile:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just taken delivery of Shimano M520's today at £16.11 from Evans (£17.99 minus 10EX discount code).

Got here in 2 days - FOC delivery.

I ordered the OE M520's which are surplus to requirements from a bike manufacturers product run. Apparently the OE's are made under licence from Shimano to the same standard. However they come with no box (in a bag) with no instructions or cleats.

On the other hand mine turned up as:

M520's in a box with instructions with cleats - so I assumed they are not the OE's. They are identical to my outgoing M52O's so I assume they may have been wrongly picked at the warehouse.

Whilst in the Evans store today on a separate mission I queried what had been delivered to me and they said that if they run out of OE's they sub' with the non-OE originals. Brilliant really! I love Web Madness!

sabian92

Über Member
I got DHB MTB shoes and some shimano M520s for under 50 quid and they're decent enough.

Also, while going in store then buying online might save you a quid or two, think of the guy behind the counter who has a family to clothe and feed. Yes, it is your right to shop elsewhere but it's also his right to make a living and if everybody just used him as a cycling bits library service he'd go out of business. Don't be such a cock about it. If it was your business you'd be annoyed I'm sure, so be nice and actually BUY something from him.

It's hard enough to find a decent LBS so don't abuse the privilege of having one.

Top Bottom