Shoes, pedals & cleats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
[QUOTE 2487801, member: 30090"]A few things to note:

I'll never bleat and moan about an lbs closing.

LBSs ain't all that when it comes to info imo. After all the guy behind the counter is just giving their opinion of which I can find many and more informed by researching on the internet. This place is a good example for instance.

Its my right as a consumer.

The day when there is only Evans, Halfords et al left is the day when I have the best excuse for a 20 mile round trip to buy a water bottle and try on some mitts (to buy later online of course).[/quote]

What a bell end.

400bhp

Guru
Out of interest, what do you do for a living Beano?

sabian92

Über Member
[QUOTE 2491104, member: 30090"]Nice

Have you anything actually constructive to say?

Because it doesn't take a lot of brain power to throw some insults, and is actually rather dull throwing them over the internet. All the while in your own protective cocoon with veiled anonymity.[/quote]

No it doesn't but it takes a special type of person to use somebody's expertise, browse their goods then go elsewhere and undercut him because they're are a quid or two cheaper. You're paying extra because you're paying for a personal service, not because he's ripping you off. You don't get a knowledgeable guy when you buy from Wiggle, CRC, Evans, so they can charge a bit less - plus Wiggle is an online retailer so their costs are low anyway, they're just a warehouse with a nice website - they're not what's known as a "click and brick" store so they can have lower prices via lower costs then pass that on to the consumer. The guy in the high street has rent to pay, which is a significant amount of money (in a prime location it's a few K a month especially for a big-ish shop), utility bills, all that stuff. To undercut him is nigh-on theft because you're using his services and then depriving him of a salary.

In short, you're a bit of a dick.

[QUOTE 2487801, member: 30090"]A few things to note:

I'll never bleat and moan about an lbs closing.

LBSs ain't all that when it comes to info imo. After all the guy behind the counter is just giving their opinion of which I can find many and more informed by researching on the internet. This place is a good example for instance.

Its my right as a consumer.
[/quote]

Yes, it is your 'right as a consumer'. It is your right to act as selfishly as you like and you right to take play the system and get as much as you can irrespective of how rude it is.

Personally, I would rather pay an extra couple of £ and be decent and respectful about it.

I get tired of listening on the news about people bleeting on about 'thier rights' for everything and believe that society benefits everyone who acts responsibly.

However, maybe I am fortunate in being in the poisition to be able to afford the extra few ££

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ahem... :ninja:Give it a rest !

Back on subject:-

I tend to buy shoes from the shop. Both pairs I last bought were in the Sales anyway, so were comparable to web prices. Shoes vary massively between manufacturers, so if you've found out you are comfortable with a particular brand's size then it's likely other shoes from them will be the same. I take 42 normal shoes/trainers, 43 in Specialized and 44 in Lake !

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
wonder how many people in this thread do online banking, online insurance purchase, online grocery purchases etc etc

which all undercuts the man on the street, paying the staff costs and rental costs

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
wonder how many people in this thread do online banking, online insurance purchase, online grocery purchases etc etc

which all undercuts the man on the street, paying the staff costs and rental costs

Which just goes to demonstrate how spectacularly you have misunderstood the arguments in this thread.

I do all of those but I don't go to a shop to get the benefit of a shop service then leave and buy it online.

[QUOTE 2492211, member: 30090"]The ignorance, lack of comprehension and overall abuseivness in this thread is staggering.[/quote]
In what way? I own a business that has a shop front and also a web-store? They have different price structures based on the services they provide.

Ningishzidda

Internet_dog_zps50762375.jpg

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Exactly. The trouble is some people on forums are not thick skinned enough to be on the internet. They also can't tell who is trolling & who isn't so wind their selves right up, just feeding the troll.
Nothing like a good heated debate but there's too many cry babies & people who make a statement then have nothing to back it up with.
Ohh well, go for a ride.

Crankarm

Guru
[QUOTE 2491104, member: 30090"]Nice

Have you anything actually constructive to say?

Because it doesn't take a lot of brain power to throw some insults, and is actually rather dull throwing them over the internet. All the while in your own protective cocoon with veiled anonymity.[/quote]

No. This is all that is needed.

Crankarm

Guru
[QUOTE 2492223, member: 30090"]["0-markymark-0, post: 2492214, member: 16616"]In what way? I own a business that has a shop front and also a web-store? They have different price structures based on the services they provide.[/quote]

If I was an LBS owner I would take such pleasure in telling you to sling your hook. People like you believe you are owed everything and contribute nothing. You demand your rights if some one so much as blinks at you but you are oblivious to your obligations and responsibilities.

You still haven't answered 400bhp's question what you do for a living? Pick pocket by any chance?

Top Bottom