Shop bought "Cyclists Dismount" signs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
The signs are facing and mounted above the path/lane at both ends, so I don't think they could try to claim it's meant for their own land, two different properties.
Unless you fancy some vandalism or theft, I'd contact the council and see what they say. If they will not do anything, you have a choice, ignore or take more direct action.:ninja:

You could dismount (compliance) then get back on - you've then obeyed the sign !

You should put another sign right next to it.
no-signs-allowed-sign-jeff-at-jsj-photography.jpg

Mike_P

Guru
“Cyclist dismount” signs, are just that. Signs, with no legal standing. They might as well as the words “please, pretty please, won’t somebody think of the children”.
Um.. there are ones in Harrogate on a cycle route that uses a bridge over the railway

Its one of those cycle routes that starts out quite sensibly but then avoids roads which are occasionally busy to take a pretty indirect route to the town centre requiring the use of that bridge. Does make me think cycle route signs should reflect the cyclists the route caters for, I can think of local routes that are clearly MTB only, the underpass of the bypass on NCN67 being a prime example, great if you like climbing steep muddy slopes, not good for a road bike and very challenging on a hybrid unless it has ultra wide tyres - an appropriate graphic instead of the same bike logo all the time would be a bit improvement IMO

Brandane

Legendary Member
Speaking of stupid signs, what about the "motorcyclists remove helmets" signs? A villain is unlikely to comply just for the convenience of the shop. "Criminals, please leave shotguns outside the store" would be less offensive to the law abiding, and about as useful.
That's a whole new thread, and as a motorcyclist it bursts my head. I've tried to make that point to the few petrol station staff who have asked me to remove my helmet but they just don't get it. "It's for our elfin safety" is the standard reply. OK, some might say its not hard to remove your helmet, but on a cold wet day you also have a balaclava, ear plugs, and in my case glasses too. Then put them all back on now that your hair has been rained on..... All for no good reason! I try to seek out "pay at pump" facilities when on my bike.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Speaking of stupid signs, what about the "motorcyclists remove helmets" signs? A villain is unlikely to comply just for the convenience of the shop. "Criminals, please leave shotguns outside the store" would be less offensive to the law abiding, and about as useful.
Surely it is so that the bank/shop staff know that someone with their helmet off is less of a threat, they only need to worry if some wearing a helmet comes in.

Top Bottom