Shop bought "Cyclists Dismount" signs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Surely it is so that the bank/shop staff know that someone with their helmet off is less of a threat, they only need to worry if some wearing a helmet comes in.
It's about concealing identity. Therein lies the stupidity behind asking said criminals to nicely reveal themselves before committing any heinous act.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sounds as batty as my neighbour who has put 'trespassers will be prosecuted' sign up in her back garden - because another neighbour asked for permission to access her back garden to replace a fence.

Smudge

Veteran
I've never been asked to remove my helmet at a petrol station, but if i did i would just do it. Its pointless to moan to the staff about it, they are just doing their job as instructed by company policy. If you enter someone's business, property or home, you should respect their rules. It would be no hassle to my day whatsoever to remove my lid, i can think of far more important things to be bothered about.

Drago

Legendary Member
I've only been asked once and politely refused, and kept pushing my cash across the counter towards the cashier. They bowed to the logic of the obvious and took my money. Provided it's not obscene it's no ones business but mine what I wear and when I wear it - they're businesses, not my Mum.

The whole thing is absurd, inconveniencing the law abiding while doing nothing to prevent crime. In any case, a petrol station with all sorts of nasty liquid helmet damaging solvents around is not a place to be removing a helmet and handling it with your hands.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Last week they switched the Christmas lights on in Regent Street, the whole street was closed and full of people wandering around. On the barriers closing off a side road was a very nice sign saying "Cyclists please dismount". I wasn't on my bike but as they asked so nicely and said "please" I would have complied.

Top Bottom