Short anthropological field trip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Just been on a short foray into a foreign culture. As always, it's an eye opener. The exotic leopard skin pattern clothing and thick facial paint. The half understood overheard conversations about alien social rituals. The array of unfamiliar tools and potions, whose use may only be guessed at. The mutual curiosity, but also incomprehension, about each other's life styles and priorities...

Yup, I've been for my pre-holiday visit to the hairdressers for a cut.

It's like another world. Where do you people go occasionally and feel you're in an alien culture?

asterix

Comrade Member
Many parts of south-east England.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Aint Skeered said:
Come on then Arch let have a picture of your new look
Did you go for blonde highlights.

No, I have natural grey highlights....xx(

Nah, it's the same as before, only shorter. And 'thinned out', she used these wierd scissors to do that, sort of like pinking shears or something...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Has to be listening to the conversations of my sisters - one married, one single - both professionals - money, work, nights out, hair, nails, more nights out..... (late 20's early 30's).......

My wife feels completely lost when she goes round - a night out...ohhh get one of them on birthdays if we are lucky, and of course having two kids means our lives are on a different planet...

LLB

Arch said:
No, I have natural grey highlights....:biggrin:

Nah, it's the same as before, only shorter. And 'thinned out', she used these wierd scissors to do that, sort of like pinking shears or something...

b&bshear.jpg

LLB

Arch said:
No Linf, those are just shears. Pinking shears are different.

black-handle-wiss-pinking-shears-e4209.jpg

My mum trained as a dressmaker for Winsmoor, she had a pair of those in the sewing box at home when I was a kid.

Top Bottom