Shorts and tights recommendations

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Crackle, 18 Sep 2017.

Tags:
  1. Crackle

Crackle Squatter

I believe that my faithful shorts are beginning to thin. Rather than wait for someone riding behind me on a cc social ride to advise me quietly it's time to change them, I want to pre-empt that convo and get some new ones.

I've recently tried bib shorts but the dimensions don't work. I've a longer body and shorter legs, so when the body fits the legs don't and vice versa. So because of that I think I may be stuck to shorts and tights.

I was thinking of going the DHB route but open to recommendations?

2. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

Dhb are good enough,I don't over think labels,if they fit there fine...I guess the beauty of online is if there is free returns.Order a few pairs,try them and keep the best ?

3. OP
    OP
    Crackle

Crackle Squatter

I think value for money wise they seem pretty good but I'm puzzled by how they rate shorts, expressing their suitability by ride time, 2/3hrs or 4/5hrs or similar.

Adam4868 likes this.
  4. Arjimlad

Arjimlad Tights of Cydonia

I'm happy with recently acquired Polaris sale shorts, or BTwin upper end (Aerofit) shorts ? The Polaris 3-quartz are very good at this time of year.

5. OP
    OP
    Crackle

Crackle Squatter

I'll take a look.

6. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

DHB make remarkably good shorts imo

7. OP
    OP
    Crackle

Crackle Squatter

Do you know if there's big difference between their basic pad and the next one up, the Aeron?

8. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

I've only ever had the Aerons.
    I would buy both and send the one you don't like back. Wiggle's return policy is very good.

Jason, MacB and Crackle like this.
  9. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Brings a new meaning to the phrase "shop-soiled" in their clearance sales!

10. OP
    OP
    Crackle

Crackle Squatter

I tend to examine the pad carefully, nose wrinkled in suspicion.

11. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Gore bike wear, Sportful or Pearl Izumi when on special

Sigma sport often have good deals on the higher end brands. Free delivery and returns (try on with clean underwear to the point above :rolleyes:)

Never tried DHB as their ladies range don't cater for the larger individual :angry:

Last edited: 18 Sep 2017
  12. GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry Here for rides.

Shutt Velo Rapide bib shorts seem to suit my long back.

13. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

Yea I know what you mean,sometimes I ride for half hour and ache,sometimes 4 or 5 and fine.Its all spiel certain pads for lengths of time.Bit like my bike with "huge bottom bracket are,to put some power into !" Yea right......

14. Kestevan

Kestevan Last of the Summer Winos

I like Skol and Crackle like this.
  15. nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

I'm not entirely sure what I've done to deserve this. Decathlon have an excellent range of good value cycling apparel which I occasionally purchase. That is all

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice