Shorts and tights recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I believe that my faithful shorts are beginning to thin. Rather than wait for someone riding behind me on a cc social ride to advise me quietly it's time to change them, I want to pre-empt that convo and get some new ones.

I've recently tried bib shorts but the dimensions don't work. I've a longer body and shorter legs, so when the body fits the legs don't and vice versa. So because of that I think I may be stuck to shorts and tights.

I was thinking of going the DHB route but open to recommendations?

Adam4868

Guru
Dhb are good enough,I don't over think labels,if they fit there fine...I guess the beauty of online is if there is free returns.Order a few pairs,try them and keep the best ?

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Dhb are good enough,I don't over think labels,if they fit there fine...I guess the beauty of online is if there is free returns.Order a few pairs,try them and keep the best ?
I think value for money wise they seem pretty good but I'm puzzled by how they rate shorts, expressing their suitability by ride time, 2/3hrs or 4/5hrs or similar.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I'm happy with recently acquired Polaris sale shorts, or BTwin upper end (Aerofit) shorts ? The Polaris 3-quartz are very good at this time of year.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I've only ever had the Aerons.
I would buy both and send the one you don't like back. Wiggle's return policy is very good.
Brings a new meaning to the phrase "shop-soiled" in their clearance sales!

vickster

Legendary Member
Gore bike wear, Sportful or Pearl Izumi when on special

Sigma sport often have good deals on the higher end brands. Free delivery and returns (try on with clean underwear to the point above :rolleyes:)

Never tried DHB as their ladies range don't cater for the larger individual :angry:

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
I think value for money wise they seem pretty good but I'm puzzled by how they rate shorts, expressing their suitability by ride time, 2/3hrs or 4/5hrs or similar.
Yea I know what you mean,sometimes I ride for half hour and ache,sometimes 4 or 5 and fine.Its all spiel certain pads for lengths of time.Bit like my bike with "huge bottom bracket are,to put some power into !" Yea right......

Top Bottom