Shorts pocket failure broken phone screen.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tommy2

Über Member
I bought a few pairs of running shorts and yesterday i was running home from work with my phone in the back zipped pocket, the stitching has split and the phone dropped through my shorts on to the floor and smashed the screen, where do I stand with claiming for the screen fixing?

Also one of the other pairs the zip has broke after 2 uses.

This is not the first product I’ve had by this company that the stitching has been poor, the other was a few tri suits that the back pocket stitching failed, I never complained but the company after a while weee selling the suits off cheap with a disclaimer that they had poor stitching on the pockets.

If I’d lost a gel or something trivial I wouldn’t be so bothered but phone repair is expensive so needless to say I won’t be buying anything else from them.

Any advice appreciated.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
first port of call is contacting the company / shop you bought them from and see what they offer to do

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
You said it wasn't the first time you have bought things from that particular company only to find that the stitching was very poor. My advice would have been not to have bought from them a second time to be honest.

You can always ask for a refund due to poor quality, but don't hold your breath.

OP
OP
Tommy2

Tommy2

Über Member
Well that was a different product and they acknowledged that the stitching had been faulty therefore you would assume that they had addressed the issue and that not every product they ever sell would have faulty stitching.
Now having had 2 different products with faulty stitching I can come to the conclusion that they aren’t good at it and won’t be buying again.

stephec

Legendary Member
The gusset went in my shorts, probably due to overload :okay:

Way way way TMI. :biggrin:

@Tommy2

I have the same mindset as you with these sort of things. However, having had enough battles of this nature over the years I know how time consuming they can be, plus the stress in some cases.

By all means try at every level with the shop, going as far as head office. If they still refuse to contribute to the cost of phone repair you have to make a decission.

That decision is either walk away OR go the small claims online procedure which can go either way.

Some companies will pay up in a claim to either avoid a cc judgement or simply to make the problem go away.

Life is short, time is precious. Choose your battles wisely. I wish you good luck whatever you decide.

Top Bottom