Shorts pocket failure broken phone screen.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Tommy2, 13 Jun 2018.

1. Tommy2

Tommy2 Über Member

I bought a few pairs of running shorts and yesterday i was running home from work with my phone in the back zipped pocket, the stitching has split and the phone dropped through my shorts on to the floor and smashed the screen, where do I stand with claiming for the screen fixing?

Also one of the other pairs the zip has broke after 2 uses.

This is not the first product I’ve had by this company that the stitching has been poor, the other was a few tri suits that the back pocket stitching failed, I never complained but the company after a while weee selling the suits off cheap with a disclaimer that they had poor stitching on the pockets.

If I’d lost a gel or something trivial I wouldn’t be so bothered but phone repair is expensive so needless to say I won’t be buying anything else from them.

Any advice appreciated.

2. T4tomo

T4tomo Über Member

first port of call is contacting the company / shop you bought them from and see what they offer to do

3. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

You should get a refund on the shorts but I doubt if consequential damage is covered.

Milkfloat likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Tommy2

Tommy2 Über Member

Yeah contacted the company @T4tomo
    I suspect you are right @Smokin Joe but I don’t feel I’m out of order asking them to fix it or at the very least a contribution/goodwill gesture.

5. welsh dragon

welsh dragon a permanent vacancy now exists

You said it wasn't the first time you have bought things from that particular company only to find that the stitching was very poor. My advice would have been not to have bought from them a second time to be honest.

You can always ask for a refund due to poor quality, but don't hold your breath.

Milkfloat likes this.
  6. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

The gusset went in my shorts, probably due to overload :okay:

Accy cyclist, Dave7, stephec and 3 others like this.
  7. welsh dragon

welsh dragon a permanent vacancy now exists

:laugh:

Fnaar likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Tommy2

Tommy2 Über Member

Well that was a different product and they acknowledged that the stitching had been faulty therefore you would assume that they had addressed the issue and that not every product they ever sell would have faulty stitching.
    Now having had 2 different products with faulty stitching I can come to the conclusion that they aren’t good at it and won’t be buying again.

9. stephec

stephec Legendary Member

Way way way TMI. :biggrin:

Fnaar likes this.
  10. Dave7

Dave7 Veteran

Strange but the gusset has never gone in my shorts. I wonder why that is :blush:

Fnaar likes this.
  11. @Tommy2

I have the same mindset as you with these sort of things. However, having had enough battles of this nature over the years I know how time consuming they can be, plus the stress in some cases.

By all means try at every level with the shop, going as far as head office. If they still refuse to contribute to the cost of phone repair you have to make a decission.

That decision is either walk away OR go the small claims online procedure which can go either way.

Some companies will pay up in a claim to either avoid a cc judgement or simply to make the problem go away.

Life is short, time is precious. Choose your battles wisely. I wish you good luck whatever you decide.

C R and Tommy2 like this.
  12. pawl

pawl Veteran

That is bragging of the highest order.Really I am just envious

Just noticed don’t put uncle Joes Mint balls in your gusset.

Last edited: 13 Jun 2018
    Fnaar likes this.
  13. Andy_R

Andy_R Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..

More likely underuse..."use it or lose it"

Fnaar likes this.
  14. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Neither has mine, if I'm being honest :smile:

15. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

I shouldn't think there will be a repetition since Ms Goodbody retired ;).

Fnaar likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice