Should bike shops include a free helmet with every bike they sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soup890

Crazy
To improve awareness for safety. I know it's personal choice (and yes you can quote this sentence) but it would encourage people to think safety

No.

A free copy of the Highway Code would be better.

KneesUp

Guru
Is that 'free' as in 'the bike is £20 more' or 'free' as in 'the bike shop make less profit on the bike and the helmets they no longer sell' or 'free' as in 'made out of materials that cost nothing by machines that cost nothing operated by people who work for nothing, and given to people who will still buy as many helmets as before'

There is no such thing as 'free'

Cycling has a pretty low environmental impact. I can't see giving people helmets they might not use or even need (e.g. people who already own one, people who got one free with their other bike ...) being good for the environment.

Sharing the road with big, heavy fast moving machinery often operated my myopic imbeciles makes me think about safety. I wear a helmet in case I make a mistake and lady luck forgets about me at the same moment.

As a helmet wearer of many years standing I'd have to say................NO!

Last edited:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Nothing in life is free - if something should be included in a sale of a new bike, imo this should be a free complementary half hour demonstration on how to properly inflate tyres/ change inner tubes.
My Dad showed me that when I was 6 :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom