Should Chainring wear that quick....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
]

I believe Black n Yellow is now running and I get mixed up by the two but its either North or South Korea!?

The name suggests he (or she) may have been a Lance Fanboy (Lance Fangirl?) who now feels slightly silly.

I recall one or two members on these pages who were die-in-a-ditch-for-him Lancophiles who just... stopped posting... for no reason... when he admitted he was... naughty.

Mile195

Veteran
I just changed my Large chainring again, after about 8000 miles on it. I check my chain for stretch every two weeks, and change it as soon as it reaches it's limit. I change cassettes every four chains. I lube my chain once or twice a week when it's dry in the summer or more often in winter or when it rains.

I have ruined a chain ring before by leaving a chain on far too long. Keep a close eye on that, and everything else will usually look after itself to a degree unless you have another issue that's causing premature wear.

As for what posts in this thread could be considered rude and which are not, I must say I don't like heights, but I'm going to stay up here on this fence anyway...

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Never seen Robe3t go back and alter his previous posts to make it look like he was saying something else and thus making person he was arguing with look stupid, Black n yellow did this all the time, he was a professional troll and someone told me he didn't even own a bike :wacko:
BnY didn't have to make other people look stupid, they did it themselves with only the most gentle of nudges in the right direction. Something which amused many of us, but also caused a lot of foamy mouths.

I miss him actually.

Hi all,

Got my new bike on 1st August, Boardman Ltd Ed Team Carbon, however I pulled it apart again for a clean today and noticed the Large chainring looks really worn already, there's no issue when riding no skipping of the chain etc, its done 270 miles in a month.

My giant defy I had previously did nearly 1000 miles before I had to change the rings.

As others have said - those pics you posted are of a completely normal-looking chainring. The differing teeth profile is there to aid shifting. There is some wear there, obviously, but nothing unusual. Wear is good - it's a sign that the bike is being ridden - so whatever you're doing, keep doing it.

Morgan Blue stuff is excellent btw - good choice.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
2633360 said:
My reading of it is that it is used to convey a completely faux reticence, by people who are absolutely sure that the person they are correcting is wrong, to emphasise that wrongness.
Errrmmmm.... I hate to tell you this Adrian, but TMN is absolutely right.

(and has just won herself a TMN point)

Top Bottom