Should I hate myself?

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Markymark, 24 Jul 2012.

1. I own a BMW convertiblke and a bike - should I doubly hate myself?

Or are these stereotypes somewhat unjustified?

2. Sittingduck

Sittingduck Guru

I vote for yes. I've never even met you and dislike you already :headshake:

3. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

4. OP
    OP
    Markymark

Markymark Winner

MissTillyFlop likes this.
  5. benb

benb Evidence based cyclist

No, we'll do it for you.

waynegibberellins likes this.
  6. Boris Bajic

Boris Bajic Guest

If it's an E30 3-Series with no add-ons and a nice motor, then it's approaching young-classic status (particularly the 318iS).

That would be fine.

Also some of the early Bauer stuff on the 2002 or early 3-Series or maybe an old 507 you're totally safe from enmity.

If it's anything built in the past 10 years, then you should hate. Not just disapprove. Hate; really hate.

If it has vanity plates, you should hate more. Loathe. Despise. Abhor.

If it has absurdly large wheels, LP tyres and sports suspension, then you bought it in a shop with big windows. Hate, but with sympathy.

I think the current 1-Series ragtop is just about non-hateworthy. But only just. Stil hate a little if it's one of those.

You don't say what the bike is. If it's made from carbon or plastic, then hate yourself.

I hope this has helped. I fear that perhaps it has not.

Pat "5mph" and Nihal like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Markymark

Markymark Winner

Neither the car nor the bike (Sirrus sport) has been pimped in anyway....

8. Hip Priest

Hip Priest Veteran

I hate you. For riding an American bicycle.

Boris Bajic likes this.
  9. Drago

Drago Guru

1 series? Buy a BMW to show the beighbours how successful you are, then buy a 1 series to show them how skint you really are?

Hateful for so many reasons before you even get to the cyclists.

I used to have a Volvo estate, then a 7 series, and now a 4 x 4 - That must make me almost as popular as the President of Syria among my cycling brethren.

10. benb

benb Evidence based cyclist

You know, you should just go ahead and make that your sig.

Curb and akb like this.
  11. 400bhp

400bhp Guru

^^^^^^
    This, or an M635i

If it's one of those Oymoron cars, an "M-Sport" :snigger: then you should be made to cycle on the pavement.

Boris Bajic likes this.
  12. Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

So you have a hairdresser's car and a 'that's not a proper bike' bicycle*.

Think you've answered your own question - self hater. Go find a 'that's not a proper biking forum' cycle forum.

* If you were a proper cyclist, you would call it a bicycle to differentiate from the motorised two wheelers.

13. Boris Bajic

Boris Bajic Guest

One doesn't want to turn this into a car thread, but seeing the 1-Series coupe and ragtop in terms of 'Poor Man's Bimmer' would be to miss the point of them.

Certainly, the 7-Series is about conspicuous consumption, but the two-door 1-Series cars are as close as BMW has got in recent decades to the '02 series of small sports saloons.

Even from the start, the 3-Series was always aspiring top be slightly more than it was.

I'm not sure that many people really buy a car to look good on the driveway. But as a man with a Vauxhall and a VW, I would say that....

14. Nihal

Nihal Veteran

15. defy-one

defy-one Guest

I have a 5 series and 3 bikes. Am i a bad man? Lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice