Should I hate myself?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I own a BMW convertiblke and a bike - should I doubly hate myself?

Or are these stereotypes somewhat unjustified?

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I vote for yes. I've never even met you and dislike you already :headshake:

If it's an E30 3-Series with no add-ons and a nice motor, then it's approaching young-classic status (particularly the 318iS).

That would be fine.

Also some of the early Bauer stuff on the 2002 or early 3-Series or maybe an old 507 you're totally safe from enmity.

If it's anything built in the past 10 years, then you should hate. Not just disapprove. Hate; really hate.

If it has vanity plates, you should hate more. Loathe. Despise. Abhor.

If it has absurdly large wheels, LP tyres and sports suspension, then you bought it in a shop with big windows. Hate, but with sympathy.

I think the current 1-Series ragtop is just about non-hateworthy. But only just. Stil hate a little if it's one of those.

You don't say what the bike is. If it's made from carbon or plastic, then hate yourself.

I hope this has helped. I fear that perhaps it has not.

Drago

Legendary Member
1 series? Buy a BMW to show the beighbours how successful you are, then buy a 1 series to show them how skint you really are?

Hateful for so many reasons before you even get to the cyclists.

I used to have a Volvo estate, then a 7 series, and now a 4 x 4 - That must make me almost as popular as the President of Syria among my cycling brethren.

400bhp

Guru
If it's an E30 3-Series with no add-ons and a nice motor, then it's approaching young-classic status (particularly the 318iS).

That would be fine.

Also some of the early Bauer stuff on the 2002 or early 3-Series or maybe an old 507 you're totally safe from enmity.

If it's anything built in the past 10 years, then you should hate. Not just disapprove. Hate; really hate.

If it has vanity plates, you should hate more. Loathe. Despise. Abhor.

If it has absurdly large wheels, LP tyres and sports suspension, then you bought it in a shop with big windows. Hate, but with sympathy.

I think the current 1-Series ragtop is just about non-hateworthy. But only just. Stil hate a little if it's one of those.

You don't say what the bike is. If it's made from carbon or plastic, then hate yourself.

I hope this has helped. I fear that perhaps it has not.

^^^^^^
This, or an M635i

If it's one of those Oymoron cars, an "M-Sport" :snigger: then you should be made to cycle on the pavement.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Neither the car nor the bike (Sirrus sport) has been pimped in anyway....

So you have a hairdresser's car and a 'that's not a proper bike' bicycle*.

Think you've answered your own question - self hater. Go find a 'that's not a proper biking forum' cycle forum.

* If you were a proper cyclist, you would call it a bicycle to differentiate from the motorised two wheelers.

1 series? Buy a BMW to show the beighbours how successful you are, then buy a 1 series to show them how skint you really are?

Hateful for so many reasons before you even get to the cyclists.

I used to have a Volvo estate, then a 7 series, and now a 4 x 4 - That must make me almost as popular as the President of Syria among my cycling brethren.

One doesn't want to turn this into a car thread, but seeing the 1-Series coupe and ragtop in terms of 'Poor Man's Bimmer' would be to miss the point of them.

Certainly, the 7-Series is about conspicuous consumption, but the two-door 1-Series cars are as close as BMW has got in recent decades to the '02 series of small sports saloons.

Even from the start, the 3-Series was always aspiring top be slightly more than it was.

I'm not sure that many people really buy a car to look good on the driveway. But as a man with a Vauxhall and a VW, I would say that....

Top Bottom