Should I name my son......

Should I name my son Luke Skywalker Thornburn

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Had a thought about this when my eldest was born. We called him Ben. His great grandfathers were called Edward and Nicholas so he is now B.E.N. KH. :biggrin:

Didn't work so well on his brother whose initials spell out a ball bearings manufacturer. :laugh:

lazyfatgit

I regularly dont use my first name, having always been known by my middle name.

I'm sure he can just ignore his middle name if he wants to.

redjedi

Über Member
Luke's a great name, but you don't really need to add Skywalker, he'll get called it anyway.

Then there's all the fun at fun at christmas/birthdays when you can "feel his presence/presents"

The fun will never cease :biggrin:

Luke

(named after my brother watched Star Wars :laugh: )

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
You remind me of stumbling across this in a piece on the US army in Afghanistan in the Guardian Weekend magazine a couple of weeks back: "Talking to Lance Corporal Brady Bunch (his real name) I blah de blah...' Can you imagine? Mr & Mrs Bunch sitting there trying to think up a name for their baby and suddenly one of them has this neat idea and the other agrees it's a neat idea so they go ahead and do that to their newborn...

Such 'cute' notions generally end up in news stories featuring words like 'amok' and 'high-velocity rounds', and neighbours saying 'he always seemed such a nice boy'.

ChrisKH

Guru
redjedi said:
Luke's a great name, but you don't really need to add Skywalker, he'll get called it anyway.

Then there's all the fun at fun at christmas/birthdays when you can "feel his presence/presents"

The fun will never cease :biggrin:

Luke

(named after my brother watched Star Wars :tongue: )

Ben has a friend called Luke who comes round for tea occasionally. I do try to engineer it so I can say "Use the fork, Luke."

redjedi

Über Member
ChrisKH said:
Ben has a friend called Luke who comes round for tea occasionally. I do try to engineer it so I can say "Use the fork, Luke."

You need to get his father to call him on your phone, then pass it to him

"Luke, it's your father"

These never get tired, honest. I've had it for almost 29 years :tongue:

Coco

lazyfatgit said:
I regularly dont use my first name, having always been known by my middle name.
What's wrong with Lazy? :tongue:

redjedi said:

The fun will never cease :sad:

Luke

(named after my brother watched Star Wars :evil: )

Your name is often red out Luke.

Call him Umberto Umbilicus, Umpteenius Umpretentious Thornburn, Wigsie - that could be his 4 Um name. Not a name 4U.
Otherwise, just list about twenty of your favourite names from this forum and call him 'CC' - he will be very grateful.:smile:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
10x 10x 10x NO! i would steer clear of any name that implies an affinity to anything remotely current in tv or film.

luke is a nice name, but don't burden the poor kid with a name that could (in some quarters) put them firmly in the 'geeky/nerdy' camp.

luke thorburn sounds a good name though.

thomas

the tank engine
Wheeledweenie said:
I know you're probably thinking it's a middle name so he can hide it if he hates it but think again. My middle name's Indiana (think Brooklyn Beckham) and although I don't mind it now I HATED it growing up.

I think everyone hates their middle name growing up :o)

Top Bottom