Should I or shouldn't I?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I am thinking of buying a Cube Attain GT Pro for £1499 at the moment. My dilemma is that I will be 68 in October and I already have 3 road bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Roubaix Elite and Cube Peloton. I have sold my Boardman Comp as I don't like straight handlebars. So, at my old age, do I really need another bike considering that I only ride about 1500 miles a year max?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
You cannot take it with you, if you can afford it and it will make you smile get 2 more.

tom73

Guru
Like it’s been said if you want it and can afford it. Go for it what ever the miles you do end up doing on it who care’s. If it bring’s a smile on your face then it’s worth it.

If you like the bike then buy it. No further justification is required.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well, we are going on holiday soon so I will postpone my decision until after. It will give me time to think it over. I like Cube bikes, well made, quiet and comfortable with a decent 11-32 cassette, not worried about the 11 but really appreciate the 32.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I'm 62 with a nice and ride a Cannondale Carbon Synapse which is worth every penny for the basic speed and comfort. But the best bits are the add-ons like integrated carbon bars with a flat top and Di2 - they make an enormous difference to the pleasure gained from riding around.

Top Bottom