Should I or shouldn't I?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am thinking of buying a Cube Attain GT Pro for £1499 at the moment. My dilemma is that I will be 68 in October and I already have 3 road bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Roubaix Elite and Cube Peloton. I have sold my Boardman Comp as I don't like straight handlebars. So, at my old age, do I really need another bike considering that I only ride about 1500 miles a year max?
Three if only ! I am up to 8 and I am still looking. Fancied a CF so I get one then I am not sure on the size so I will build a bigger frame up, Arhh I need a Tourer so wife agrees I can have a Roberts built when I retired, Than Bianchi alloy looks nice and reasonably priced. Oh Roberts seems like hard work and look theres a cheap Audux frame for sale in Edinburgh Cycles so build that up it will be definitely faster. Cannot possibly leave my good bikes outside any shop Oh I know I will build a rat bike. I really must get a MBK living as I do so close to the South Downs. So you see its so easy to build a collection up.
Mmm those electric bikes are looking very appealing and I wonder whether a TI Audux would be more comfortable than any I have.
So as others have said buy it and if necessary leave a note in your will for your wife to read what the real price it was rather than what you had told her.

vickster

Legendary Member
That actually looks pretty reasonable to me when you factor in staff time, overheads and the cost of buying the tools in the first place.
Yes, their full build cost is high if you supply everything (£300 I think, another place quoted me £150, in the end it was as cheap to get Spa to supply and build everything). Bar wrapping is good value at a tenner I think and they do a super job :smile:

Top Bottom