Should I register my new bikes........have you registered yours??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
A leading question really as (in theory) it will cost me nothing and may be of help....so I intend to do it.
However I do have some questions.
  • What are the benefits???...how can it help in possible recovery??
  • Which is/are the best sites to register the bikes??
  • Does anyone have success stories to show it works???
I have read through the (very informative) post by Psclist but would like the latest thinking.
Thanks.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Mine is with bike register through the police

No harm in doing it, but my stolen bike was also registered and never seen again

Some get recovered. Most don't I would say

There are trackers than can be hidden within the frame but obviously not free

vickster

Legendary Member
Mine is with bike register through the police

No harm in doing it, but my stolen bike was also registered and never seen again

Some get recovered. Most don't I would say. But I can't see a reason why you wouldn't do it.

There are trackers than can be hidden within the frame but obviously not free

I think this will only help you get the bike returned to you if it is recovered, or help you prove it is yours in a dispute. I don't think it increases the chances of recovery.

I'm registered because I got offered free bike marking twice. Met originally use immobilise.com, but then they switched to bikeregister.com. Bike register has a way of seeing if the frame number has been reported stolen https://www.bikeregister.com/bike-checker so that's a big plus. Though if it hasn't been stolen, it weirdly says "This bike is marked on the database as in possession of the current owner."

BrynCP

Über Member
Mine are registered with Immobilise. I guess the benefits are if the police recover it, they can find you as the owner. But as above, it won't actively help it be recovered in the first place.

I also have a datatag on the road bike. A small transponder is hidden in the frame, so I guess the benefit here is if somebody removes the serial number/frame number and don't check the frame, there is still a link back to you. This costs money and relies on the police having the scanner and I guess datatag as a company being around as long as your bike. Obviously again it only works if the police have found your bike to begin with.

First 2 bikes registered and stolen.

Just have the receipt of purchase with serial number etc. if it is stolen, I will report it to the Police and they can put it on the Police register.

classic33

Leg End Member
Also make sure you have a note of the bike's serial/frame number and take pics of bike :thumbsup: Hope you won't need to use them though.
Include in these pictures one of the frame number & its location. It can help a person not familiar with bikes to locate it.

Top Bottom