Shoulder Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Last 5 weeks or so my right shoulder has been getting progressively more painful. It hurts just under the outer point of the shoulder, and is especially painful when I lift the arm up.

I've had frozen shoulder, adhesive capsulitis, in my other shoulder and this feels completely different. I'm guessing some kind of bursa problem or impingement.

It's not the end of the World, I'm still functioning ok. I've finally given in and booked a Doctors appointment for tomorrow morning, and I thought it would be a bit of harmless fun to have an imaginary sweepstake on what it gets diagnosed as.

So whaddaya reckon?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Too much w******g. :whistle:

Had summat similar about 20 odd years ago. Can't remember what the doc said it was (apart from it's the sort of problem dog walkers get when they've got a strong dog that really yanks on the lead), but a steroid injection sorted it and it hasn't recurred since.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Possibly over the decades, but this year I've backed right off the weights, just a few light sessions a week, in favour of running. Could be, could be, but i'd be surprised.

I had a frozen right shoulder a few years ago, followed by an attack a few months later in the other shoulder.

If you get it in one shoulder, you, apparently, nearly always get it in the other. But then you won't suffer again, or so 'they' say.

I used a pain genie (http://www.paingenie.com/) five minutes on each side and I was free of pain and had total movement and flexibilty immediately afterwards.

Hope you get it sorted.

Kajjal

Guru
If you can't raise your arm above shoulder height without stabbing pain it could be an impingement. There will probably be some clicking as well. Various causes and possible remedies.

lucydog8

THE RIBBLE VALLEY HOOTER!!
Last 5 weeks or so my right shoulder has been getting progressively more painful. It hurts just under the outer point of the shoulder, and is especially painful when I lift the arm up.

I've had frozen shoulder, adhesive capsulitis, in my other shoulder and this feels completely different. I'm guessing some kind of bursa problem or impingement.

It's not the end of the World, I'm still functioning ok. I've finally given in and booked a Doctors appointment for tomorrow morning, and I thought it would be a bit of harmless fun to have an imaginary sweepstake on what it gets diagnosed as.

It sounds like cuff rotation problem , i had both shoulders of mine done about 2 years ago, google cuff rotation & it will give you a idea, its key hole surgery & they cut one end of the tendon & make a route to work on the problem , infact they severe the tendon, in my case they did.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Right, so I need to tell the Doc I got Ebola of the shoulder, and a compound fracture of the sphincter.

I'm there 9am, so i'll report in afterwards.

Top Bottom