Shoulder Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Ok, nice lady Doc reckons it's some kind of impingement around the bursa. Got some exercises to try and she's moderately confident it'll clear up without further intervention.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Purely light weights now. Not pressed more than 140kg all year.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
And tonight, it's chuffing hurting real bad. Hurts to lift the arm laterally beyond about 45 degrees. Ibuprofen for then first time for this one.

Kajjal

Guru
When i had it i couldn't sleep as the pain kept waking me up. After a steriod injection and physio exercises i was fine but mine was not due to any degeneration of the shoulder.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Last 48 hours the shoulder has been very painful, the last 12 excruciating. Back to the Docs tomorrow, if only to try and get some pain relief that can handle it.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Last 48 hours the shoulder has been very painful, the last 12 excruciating. Back to the Docs tomorrow, if only to try and get some pain relief that can handle it.
We must stop posting the pictures of Carol, here's a Christmas one.

600full-carol-vorderman_zps2682d203.jpg

Attachments

• 600full-carol-vorderman_zps2682d203.jpg
    600full-carol-vorderman_zps2682d203.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 41

The Rover

Guru
I've had 2 shoulder ops in the last 2 years due to a labral tear, not a labia tear as the doc wrote on the first sick note!
Would appear it's gone again and I'm back at the consultants in a couple of weeks.
It's fecking painful and leaves me feeling like I've got permanent whip lash.

Anyway the point of this post is to suggest that you buy a heat bag, it's filled with wheat and pops in the microwave. Stick it on the injured area for great pain relief. I feel your pain, literally!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, almost three weeks since the op and its time for a sitrep.

Pain not to bad. Mainly just a dull ache, thougn occasionally it gets a bit intense. It gets uncomfortable very quickly if I try anything even moderately strenuous.

Movement pretty good to the front, about 50% arc of movement to the side, can now get my hand behind my back, just.

However, I have zero external rotation, and the shoulder makes an alarming clicking noise emanating from the outside/upper deltoid area. Mrs D reports it clicks badly when I'm moving about in my sleep. Its not really painful though I can feel it when it goes. Any idea what that might be?

Top Bottom