Shouty cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SuperHans123

Formerly known as snertos999
Except that it did. You think I'm in the habit of making shoot up about my kids?
Notice the words 'could be'
I don't doubt it happened but Didn't Happen Of The Year over on Twitter is well worth a follow.
Hilarious things they have called out there and this story is similar in style to the 'parents saying their kids said profound stuff not commensurate with their age'

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Notice the words 'could be'
I don't doubt it happened but Didn't Happen Of The Year over on Twitter is well worth a follow.
Hilarious things they have called out there and this story is similar in style to the 'parents saying their kids said profound stuff not commensurate with their age'
Thing is, it's often difficult to tell with kids which parts of their speech they truly understand, and which is just mimicry. And my daughter comes out with loads of stuff I wouldn't have expected from someone her age, but then again this is the first time I've ever lived and conversed with someone her age so what do I know?

pjd57

Veteran
I went a bit shouty on a ride last week.
Coming along the canal between Clydebank and Glasgow. 2 twelve year olds with me.
I'd said to them it might be getting busy due to time , 5PM , so they should tuck in behind me when riders passed .

All going well, nice tidy single file.
Two cyclists pass , still doubled up taking up a lot of the path and forcing us closer to the water.

I shouted at them about taking too much space.

One of them stopped and came back and asked what the problem was.
I pointed out that most people tuck in when passing others .
He decided I had a problem with his uniform. Yes it was a police cycle patrol.

I politely told him I had no problems with the uniform, just his cycling .

rugby bloke

Veteran
I was definitely a bit shouty last night on part of my commute last night. There is a bit of a uphill grind that takes you from Little Irchester to Irchester which I suspect is being used as a rat run to avoid the roadworks and subsequent queues on the A45. For some reason about every 4th car seems to make no effort to move over, even when the opposite lane is empty so you get cars skimming past your elbow. I find a good shout and gesticulation ensures the next few cars give you a sensible gap before the next idiot comes along.
Not big or clever but it seems to work. One car immediately slowed down as if the driver wanted to have an argument but either remembered they were on a terribly urgent journey or thought better of it.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
In Illinois, there is a passing distance rule. Some people have a pool noodle attached to their bike at that distance.
th?id=OIP.73KuWDMFQb3WN_EolrBd4wHaDt&w=300&h=150&c=7&o=5&pid=1.jpg
From the web.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
(d) The operator of a motor vehicle overtaking a bicycle or
individual proceeding in the same direction on a highway shall
leave a safe distance, but not less than 3 feet, when passing
the bicycle or individual and shall maintain that distance
until safely past the overtaken bicycle or individual.

Top Bottom