Show off your daily driver that has over 100k miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Best I managed was my Peugeot 405 that rattled up to 303,000 miles before I chopped it in. I dispensed with it in 2001, so no pics :sad:

Levo-Lon

Guru
I love old ones. Defying the throwaway society. Who'll be using the same mobile phone in 25 years? (Apart from me and Accy)

The trouble is a minor fault and its a bloody fortune with them..ticking time bombs.

Id love a classic car..carbs cdi and a bucket and shim head..nice get ya mits dirty on a sunday morning job

Drago

Legendary Member
Aside from trim, Mr tyred should have little trouble getting anything he needs to keep it running.

I'm a long way from running out of parts for the Fusion, and even then every mechanical part is shared with either a Fester or a Focus. Easy. Its bad enough driving a car, but ravaging the planet just to keep with the Joneses doesn't appeal to me.

tyred

Legendary Member
IS 100k miles notable these days? Both of our family cars have over 120k, and one of them is quite nice (the other is an absolute nail, but it was only £500 and never goes more than 20 miles or so)

I don't think it is and I had a MK1 Golf diesel with nearly 400,000 on it. It depends on many factors. I have no idea what my sister does to cars but anything she has ever had seems to give endless problems but she drives with a complete lack of any kind of mechanical sympathy and doesn't understand the concept of regular servicing.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
How much is original apart from the frame?
Only the brifters and handlebars: everything else has worn out multiple times. I'm amazed the brifters have lasted this long: they've never even needed any maintenance, for some bizarre reason.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My last van was a diesel Vauxhall Combo van that cost £1800. After seven years it went to the scrappie with 178,000 miles on the clock. It never had a service while I owned it but it sailed through all its MOTs, and never broke down. I think we got £100 from the scrapyard. I'm a big fan of wrecks.

Top Bottom