Show off your Giant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Here is my Giant Bowery '72. It is the 2011 model in unpainted steel running fixed at 48x17. The only change from stock is the San Marco saddle.

smaller.jpg

Nice, is that a rubber grip on the bars?

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Any tips to avoid/shorten the wait happily received!

Not too sure to be honest. 10 weeks can fly by if you let it though.

Did they say why? I'm guessing it's because they have to make the bike and then ship it from Taiwan?

CRC

Not too sure to be honest. 10 weeks can fly by if you let it though.

Did they say why? I'm guessing it's because they have to make the bike and then ship it from Taiwan?
They didn't say, but Stumpy says they underestimated demand and don't have the stock. So, yeah, I guess they're on a boat somewhere heading over. Will ring my local Giant dealers and see if anyone has one in stock, not likely but worth a go.

Like you say, 10 weeks will fly, but leaves only a couple of weeks preparation time for summer events.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
It's foam grip from the brakes downwards, no tape or anything above the brakes.

Ah I see. If you're okay with it, leave it be, but sometimes it's good to have fully wrapped bars so you can alter hand positions.

They didn't say, but Stumpy says they underestimated demand and don't have the stock. So, yeah, I guess they're on a boat somewhere heading over. Will ring my local Giant dealers and see if anyone has one in stock, not likely but worth a go.

Like you say, 10 weeks will fly, but leaves only a couple of weeks preparation time for summer events.

I see what you mean, I've left myself ride-less for the next month due to a groupset change.

Who told you 10 weeks? A local bike shop? Maybe check online stores, I'm sure they'll have some in stock ready to be delivered.

musa

Über Member
Anyone know if the 2012 Defy 2 can take 25c or even 28c tyres for the winter?

25c for sure
28c not sure but most likely

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Mine needs an overall too I've abandoned. If I can I'll strip it and sell parts to
make as commuter

I decided to sell mine after getting some money toward a better Giant frame:

If anyone wants to buy the frame with fork, headset, spacers, BB and seat clamp, ebay item #: 261037433220

defy-one

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340467622.420561.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340467686.943020.jpg

My Defy fresh from the shop. Thanks to all that helped with info and getting me started.
700 in Windsor were brilliant. When I told them it's my first road bike and first clipless adventure, they suggested i get onto a turbo trainer to fit the bike and let me practice clipping in/out before sending me on my way. This is what I call customer service!!

plans for the near future ..... Fit a water bottle. Get a puncture kit,spare tubes and some tyre levers. Buy a Garmin edge 200.
Plans for the long term future ...... Blue lizard skin bar tape, white 105 hoods,Blue tyres (700 x 25c), and a blue saddle.

Plans for the immediate ... Ride ride ride ride :-) :-)

Top Bottom