Show off your Giant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

musa

Über Member
Oh ok good. Cheers

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
My Giant at the moment, with a fugly temporary saddle (until I get my Selle Italia) and stripped down.
Hopefully my 2300 groupo on auction will sell for a good price, so I can get my 10 speed on the bike.

Anyone know if the rear wheel can take a 10 speed cassettte?

p4pb7897389.jpg

musa

Über Member
Thanks, I'll upload a shot of it with the new stuff on it when done.

Let me know how it goes you might just tempt me to follow suit (dep if I can source cheaply)
By the way do u know if Cree lights are good? I've seen a pair up for grabs

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Let me know how it goes you might just tempt me to follow suit (dep if I can source cheaply)
By the way do u know if Cree lights are good? I've seen a pair up for grabs

Will do. I'm going to test the shifters as soon as the bike's built. You'll have to look for Microshift Arsis in the U.K as these were from a friend in America.

Cree lights - I've heard nothing but good about them on various sites, so I'd go for them. I may be buying some for my summer night rides, also try out Cat Eye lights.

musa

Über Member
Yh I got cateyes already. Looking for addition oomph. Seeing as u said that I'll check them out now

musa

Über Member
Got them absolUte fab. During the chaos caused by a ton of cyclists doing a road blockage someone did make a remark on them

CRC

After a bit of advice from you Giant people...

I've got a 2010 Defy 2 but want to upgrade to something carbon with similar geometry to my current Defy. I've been looking at the new Defy range and have narrowed it down to either the Defy Composite 1 or the Defy Advanced 3. If anybody has either bike I'd love to hear how you're getting on with it.

Is the Advanced 3 worth the extra £200 for the better frame or should I plump for the Composite which has Ultegra all round?

Cosmetically, I do prefer the look of the Composite, not so keen on the 10 week wait I was quoted though!

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
After a bit of advice from you Giant people...

I've got a 2010 Defy 2 but want to upgrade to something carbon with similar geometry to my current Defy. I've been looking at the new Defy range and have narrowed it down to either the Defy Composite 1 or the Defy Advanced 3. If anybody has either bike I'd love to hear how you're getting on with it.

Is the Advanced 3 worth the extra £200 for the better frame or should I plump for the Composite which has Ultegra all round?

Cosmetically, I do prefer the look of the Composite, not so keen on the 10 week wait I was quoted though!

Stumpy has a Composite, check page 2.

Dan_h

Here is my Giant Bowery '72. It is the 2011 model in unpainted steel running fixed at 48x17. The only change from stock is the San Marco saddle.

smaller.jpg

Top Bottom