Show off your Giant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psyclist

Über Member
Thread to show off your Giants :becool: (Road or MTB)

p4pb7815227.jpg

My 2011 Defy 4 as my new Giant.

Review by Bikeradar on the Defy 4.

Spec:

Frame AluxX SL aluminium, Fluid FormedTM
Fork Cromoly, OverDrive Steerer
Shock N / A
Components
Handlebar Giant Alloy
Stem Giant Sport
Seatpost Giant Sport
Saddle Giant Defy
Pedals Wellgo Caged w/ Clips
Drivetrain
Shifters Shimano 2300 24 speed
Front Derailleur Shimano 2200
Rear Derailleur Shimano 2300
Brakes Tektro TK-R 310
Brake Levers Shimano 2300
Cassette SRAM PG 850 12-26
Chain KMC Z7
Crankset FSA Tempo 30/42/52
Bottom Bracket RPM Cartridge
Wheels
Rims Giant CR51 DW aluminium
Hubs Formula
Spokes Stainless Steel
Tires Vittoria Zaffiro 700x25mm

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Here's my old SCR3.0 before the frame cracked:

And below is the frame which giant replaced it with under warranty (3 Years later)

2011-10-19_07-57-12_HDR.jpg

Can't seem to find any pictures of my TCR, I'll have a look through the PC

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Here's my old SCR3.0 before the frame cracked:

And below is the frame which giant replaced it with under warranty (3 Years later)

2011-10-19_07-57-12_HDR.jpg

Can't seem to find any pictures of my TCR, I'll have a look through the PC

Nice Defy 3. I've only test ridden a friends Defy 2, my bike shop don't let people test ride their bikes so am yet to see how the '11 #4 rides in comparison.
How do you find it for long distance rides?

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Nice Defy 3. I've only test ridden a friends Defy 2, my bike shop don't let people test ride their bikes so am yet to see how the '11 #4 rides in comparison.
How do you find it for long distance rides?

I've not actually done any long distance on it to be honest, I only got it a little-ish while ago. In fact, on the return journey home from when that picture was taken (the frames maiden voyage) I was offed by a dog which took it out of action for a couple of weeks!

I didn't really do any long distance rides on the SCR, 101.4 miles was the longest but the Defy is noticeably more comfortable with less road buzz etc so I imagine it would be OK

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
I've not actually done any long distance on it to be honest, I only got it a little-ish while ago. In fact, on the return journey home from when that picture was taken (the frames maiden voyage) I was offed by a dog which took it out of action for a couple of weeks!

I didn't really do any long distance rides on the SCR, 101.4 miles was the longest but the Defy is noticeably more comfortable with less road buzz etc so I imagine it would be OK

Thanks for the reply. My Defy comes with a steel fork so I'll be upgrading the wheels,fork and groupo over time. Mainly wheels first for the fact that the wheels weigh around 3 kilos for the pair.

Top Bottom