Show us what you're doing at work today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
No way. It ended up being a right fark up!
Opened up the CNC machine computer, got the parts info. Put it back together perfectly and now as well as a duff baclight the thing is totally dead.
shoot!
Did you get it going ?
If it were me I'd retrace steps, check all connections for one that may have popped out and E Stops, make sure i hadnt pressed one without realising.
i had something similar with a machine, stripped and serviced, turned it on...nothing.
Turned out i needed to have an ancillary conveyor plugged in as well, it wouldnt boot up without it being connected.

Did you get it going ?
If it were me I'd retrace steps, check all connections for one that may have popped out and E Stops, make sure i hadnt pressed one without realising.
i had something similar with a machine, stripped and serviced, turned it on...nothing.
Turned out i needed to have an ancillary conveyor plugged in as well, it wouldnt boot up without it being connected.

Point taken :okay: I stripped the computer again. I know I only released 3 connectors and a board. I photographed on the way in and it all matches.
We're getting the screen backlight sorted this week and are thinking along your lines. There's access sensors on the beds around the cabinet and the PLCs aren't showing green.

Reactions: gbb

MikeG

Guru
I've been drawing all day. This is a small part of what I've designed:

wfEPHK7.jpg

Thing is, my clients live in an 80s estate house! They saw some oak work I had done for another client (in a much more authentic setting), and insisted........ Sometimes, you've just got to grit your teeth. They won't build it anyway when they see how much it is going to cost.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Worked on this little beauty today.

Carbs off and stripped, utrasound clean and rebuilt. New oil and carb breather hoses.

Few sunny roadtests to set up carbs, very pleasant!.

Makes up for some of the overcomplicated pita shite I normally work on..

View attachment 346160

Used to run an RD 200 as well, later an RD350LC as well as several Suzuki TS trail machines. Still have an umolested TS 100ER stoted away.

MikeG

Guru
Is that ash? I can't quite see.....have you laminated it, or steam bent it?

Your tenon saw looks absolutely spot-on identical to mine, and my SCMS is a 12" deWalt, although slightly different model from yours.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
The tenon saw is an old Tyzack , lovely little saw .
Ive laminated unsorted redwood to get the shape as i'm going to be fibre glassing over it so it matches in with the deck of the boat . Ive just been down there to check the fit and its spot on .

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
IMG_1263.JPG

My turn next...

gbb

Legendary Member
20170421_084201.jpg
Defective print. Not good enough.
It's a relatively high speed printer, probably creates that in milliseconds so it's a game of elimination.
Thermal head pressure..ok
Change roll of transfer ribbon. No change
Clean thermal head.
Inspect printer counterplate. ..seems ok, no rough surfaces.
Inspect cartridge nylon rollers the transfer ribbon passes over...meh, cleaned but seem ok.
Inspect roller that presses the ribbon onto the label...cleaned but seems ok.

Nothing obvious then so replace counterplate rubber and Teflon, replace cartridge nylon rollérs. ..perfect print now.

All that while the line is stopped losing 70 packs per minute and worse still...maybe 40 people stood round unable to do much.

Time to complete...maybe 10 minutes.

keithmac

Guru
Ducati Mutistrada, service including belts and a good checkover before it does a 2000+ mile trip.

I had all the battery/ starter wires off cleaned and soldered all the crimps. Ran a secondary earth direct to the starter motor and just when I thought I'd finished found the reg/rec connector complete rotten..

Finish it off on the morning!.

20170502_143850.jpg
20170502_163754.jpg

Top Bottom