Show us what you're doing at work today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Set this up for a customer today for some ashes :headshake:

Sorry if it offends but it is a job that I was doing at work today. (Senior Citizen passed away about 5 years ago) we all got it coming.

IMG_0046.JPG

keithmac

Guru
Yes, the new X-Town which is the Euro 4 replacement for the Downtown. I had a little go on the 125 version this afternoon and was quite impressed - it feels like it's got a bigger engine than it actually is.^_^

We were Kymco main dealers a way back (Cobra/ Stryker era), never had any problems with any of them; nice and reliable!.

How much is the X-Town 125 out of interest?.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Just to show that not everyone on the forum works on motorbikes for a living ;), I was doing this, amongst other stuff, today:

View attachment 351922
Why AWO ? It goes ginger !

MikeG

Guru
Why AWO ? It goes ginger !

I reckon that's down to the finish. I've been making furniture all my life, and stuff I made in European oak and American white oak 30 years ago is indistinguishable now (in colour). For constructional (green) oak it's always European or British. For furniture grade seasoned oak used in construction situations, you get a more uniform and stable piece with AWO, albeit one which looks a bit dull comparatively. For furniture, nothing beats British oak, with its more gnarly, interesting appearance than AWO or European oak.

As to oak and going ginger..........put linseed oil anywhere near oak and the result is ginger. I usually describe the colour to my clients as stale urine, and that's always enough to persuade them not to do it!

Top Bottom