Show us what you're doing at work today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Spent about an hour trying to match an oil cooler to an unidentified engine , eventually i got it and informed my customer of part no & price with availability

IMG_20170718_125328634.jpg

only to be told about 10 mins later his customer has bought one elsewhere , so that was an hour of my life wasted

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Spent about an hour trying to match an oil cooler to an unidentified engine , eventually i got it and informed my customer of part no & price with availability

View attachment 362972

only to be told about 10 mins later his customer has bought one elsewhere , so that was an hour of my life wasted
Sounds like one of our customers.:laugh: "Can you give me all the dimensions of xxx part so that I can get one off e-bay?".

woodbutcher

Veteran

Attachments

• IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0097.JPG
    300.8 KB · Views: 65

midlife

Guru
View attachment 364650 Been wiring this up the past week:sad:

Just out of curiosity what is it? Some sort of computer network..?

keithmac

Guru
Bloody hell l wish your workshop was in SW France, l can't find any local guys who will even consider working on my 748 never mind the beetle!

Shame you weren't a bit closer!, for some reason most people are frightened of Ducatis and italian bikes in general.

Done quite a few MV F3/ F4's as well.

Closing shims on the Ducati's are the most technical job, if you get them wron you can snap the valves!.

gbb

Legendary Member
Just before the holiday we had a breakdown on a flow wrapper...no drive to the heater jaws. En route you're always thinking about probable causes...chain or timing belt broken ?
Got there, covers off...oh. all looked ok.
20170719_091946.jpg
It turned out to be the CV joint, under the rubber boot was a shear pin....it had...errr. ..sheared unsurprisingly.

gbb

Legendary Member
20170906_140500.jpg

It's my old Henry...I have two I've rescued over the years and use them for workshop use. ..this one was loaned to a family member who TBH abused it. Not really bothered but thought I'd strip it and see if anything obvious is making it noisy and slow to slow down if that makes sense.
It's well abused, looks like it's had a rough life even before I rescued it.
It works...shrug shoulders...re assemble it and carry on.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
View attachment 372114
It's my old Henry...I have two I've rescued over the years and use them for workshop use. ..this one was loaned to a family member who TBH abused it. Not really bothered but thought I'd strip it and see if anything obvious is making it noisy and slow to slow down if that makes sense.
It's well abused, looks like it's had a rough life even before I rescued it.
It works...shrug shoulders...re assemble it and carry on.
Given the copper in that motor i'm guessing that not a Henry hoover :laugh:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Just before the holiday we had a breakdown on a flow wrapper...no drive to the heater jaws. En route you're always thinking about probable causes...chain or timing belt broken ?
Got there, covers off...oh. all looked ok. View attachment 368443 It turned out to be the CV joint, under the rubber boot was a shear pin....it had...errr. ..sheared unsurprisingly.
All fixed by that tool in the lower RH corner.

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom