Show us what you're doing at work today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It was pi$$ing down at work for most of the day today, so quite a few pints were downed:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyUiz5VFLA1l43PgjZGzyZrWZpmX1OcOnRrxSNc6NPHuB6WWbJ.jpg

keithmac

Guru
"Plug and play" Power Commander 5 on a BMW S1000 XR, basically the whole bike taken to bits to fit it this afternoon..

20170520_152332.jpg

gbb

Legendary Member
Yesterday's. .
Punnet sealing machine, several tonnes of pressure applied for 0.4 seconds to a heated tooling set seals your punnets of fruit. Now do that many thousands of times a day and this is what you get.
20170601_081324.jpg

Around a 25mm thick bIllet of aluminium is the starting point and is expensive....around £1000 expensive and I need two of them :laugh:

keithmac

Guru
Yesterday's. .
Punnet sealing machine, several tonnes of pressure applied for 0.4 seconds to a heated tooling set seals your punnets of fruit. Now do that many thousands of times a day and this is what you get.
View attachment 355201
Around a 25mm thick bIllet of aluminium is the starting point and is expensive....around £1000 expensive and I need two of them :laugh:

Odd how thin they've machined the inner lip?.

gbb

Legendary Member
Odd how thin they've machined the inner lip?.
If you look at a punnet In section, it's sealing surface is right next to its vertical side, this leaves very little area for any substantial material, a design flaw driven by neccessity. The key to it is to produce a seal with the minimum possible pressure...unfortunately the operators often increase the pressure rather than adjusting the temperature or welding time.

keithmac

Guru
I've been in the motorcycle trade 20 years now and thought I'd seen it all until today.

What goes though people's heads?, he'd fitted some later upside down forks etc and booked it in for rear brake sticking and MOT.

Needless to say I'll be sorting his throttle "issue" out as well as some other things..

20170616_130007.jpg
20170616_130016.jpg

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I've been in the motorcycle trade 20 years now and thought I'd seen it all until today.

What goes though people's heads?, he'd fitted some later upside down forks etc and booked it in for rear brake sticking and MOT.

Needless to say I'll be sorting his throttle "issue" out as well as some other things..

View attachment 357416 View attachment 357417
Lol, I take it the cables would foul the plastics the right way round? "We won't worry about using the switchgear " and "I'm sure I'll get used to the throttle".

gbb

Legendary Member
The future has already arrived.
Plumbing has moved on. I'm used to compression fittings which are ugly...never done much soldering which creates a need for hot works permits at work...always to be avoided if possible, so now we have this....
20170621_130307.jpg

Compression fittings ...I suppose the term is swaged on using this...
20170623_102054.jpg

Marvelous bit of kit. Cost in excess of £600 I think but it's a contractors dream...no soldering, quick and easy to use...even I did it. ^_^

keithmac

Guru
Nothing at work since Tuesday because of this: http://www.britishdealernews.co.uk/general-news/kymco-importer-goes-under

My sincere apologies to anyone on here who has a Kymco. You are not going to be able to get parts until a new distributor is sorted out.:sad:

Real shame that Phil, hope you get another job sorted out in the trade soon mate.

I came on here to moan about this taking a day out of my life due to stupid design but seems a bit mute now I've read your post..

20170713_165700.jpg

keithmac

Guru
Dunna worry - I'm not any more.

What was the issue with that one? Looks like everything has been crammed in a bit.

12,000 mile service which includes valve clearances, ATC fault (had to replace rear wheel speed sensor) and fork leaking.

It's taken over 9 hours and I'm sick of the sight of it now!. Probably 20 plastic panels to take off, radiator out and had to drop rear subframe to remove rear cam cover.

Too complicated nowadays..
20170714_125213.jpg

Top Bottom