Show us what you're doing at work today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
IMG_1049.JPG

Putting together a double glazed sash window and clamping some French doors up after glueing .

keithmac

Guru
GSX-R 1000 valve clearances + service today, the fun never ends!. Followed by drivebelt replacement and service on a 125 scooter, living the dream..

20170509_100939.jpg

keithmac

Guru
No they are fuel injected throttle bodies, if you look at the rear where the white connectors are the black injectors are underneath.

The 4 top butterflies are servo controlled by the ecu for torque limiting, the bottom 4 by the throttle cables.

Quite a nice compact setup!.

Most later sports bikes have gone over to 8 injectors now, 4 in the usual location for idle/ low load and 4 spraying directly above into the throttle body intakes for better top end power and charge cooling.

I've worked on a few BMW's where there is no manual cable link at all between throttle grip and the throttle bodies, plus some Aprilias, you are completely at the mercy of the ECU regarding throttle openings..

Step too far imho, suppose cars have been drive by wire forna while now.

Drago

Legendary Member
Most throttles have been drive by wire for a while. Take the example of my 11 year old Ford - the cable from the pedal operates a potentiometer on the side of a black box under the bonnet, and that module in turn operates the throttle body. The cable is present only to provide some feel in the system and make it more like a conventional throttle to operate. The cable itself does not mechanically open a throttle plate or pull in a diesel pump arm as it would have done in the olde days. All the actual work is done by electronics.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
[QUOTE 4796083, member: 9609"]Lorries even brake by wire now - I think it is only the steering that is not processed by an ECU first.[/QUOTE]
Unless you get a self parking car.:okay:

keithmac

Guru
Word seems to have got round that we (me!) work on MV's now, this came in for a missfire/ poor runner.

3 hours to change a set of bloody spark plugs!, all panels and fairing upper off, tank and airbox off without scratching anything..

Beautiful bikes and lovely to ride (nice roadtest in the sunshine ;)) but not the easiest to work on. Typical Italians!.

20170511_114644.jpg

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Word seems to have got round that we (me!) work on MV's now, this came in for a missfire/ poor runner.

3 hours to change a set of bloody spark plugs!, all panels and fairing upper off, tank and airbox off without scratching anything..

Beautiful bikes and lovely to ride (nice roadtest in the sunshine ;)) but not the easiest to work on. Typical Italians!.

View attachment 351910
Lovely bike. Same bloke designed that who designed the 916 innit?

Edit: Massimo Tamburini Was the chap.

MikeG

Guru
Just to show that not everyone on the forum works on motorbikes for a living ;), I was doing this, amongst other stuff, today:

NY3GTTr.jpg

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom