Show us yer BBQ kit, food, and share recipes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’ve been messing around with the garden stuff, I have an outback kettle bbq that sees a fair amount of pork loin, chicken etc but last week, thought I’d do a Jambalaya. It usually gets cooked inside but I was bored, so

I’d saved a couple of washing machine drums in the past to use as planters but thought this may work

upshot is, it needs a door to feed the fuel and a bit more practice but the food was lovely

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Can't wait, getting a dual meat probe today so that will help. Only problem is I can't be bothered going to the bigger supermarkets at the moment as there always seems to be queues and the smaller ones near me don't really do some of the meat I want. Need to go to the butchers but I'm working durng the day when it's open. Just going to have to take some time out and fill up the fridge.

Find a good local farm shop, the posh kind, bigger the better. They will have a butchers in often.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I’ve been messing around with the garden stuff, I have an outback kettle bbq that sees a fair amount of pork loin, chicken etc but last week, thought I’d do a Jambalaya. It usually gets cooked inside but I was bored, so

View attachment 527441

View attachment 527442

I’d saved a couple of washing machine drums in the past to use as planters but thought this may work

upshot is, it needs a door to feed the fuel and a bit more practice but the food was lovely
That looks fun!!

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Cheeseburgers tonight 🔥🍔👍🏻 View attachment 530197

View attachment 530198
Pass the Statins!

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Guys (and gals) my South African family would be rolling around the floor laughing at your northern softy, shandy drinking barbecues. Most of them just cut an old oil drum in half, chuck some wood in and start cooking. And they cook meat, lots of it, and it wouldn't be a braai without boerewors. Like this:

View attachment 530310

Ok.

jayonabike