Show us yer BBQ kit, food, and share recipes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We had Chicken Cordon Bleu, a favourite of ours from our chalet hosting days, it was served with potato wedges and carrots.
Dish wasn't quite nuked enough to char the dish sides for brown chunky scrapes but mighty fine all the same.

Attachments

• ChickenCB.jpg
    ChickenCB.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 2

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I also did lamb for Sunday lunch.
Half a leg marinated for 24hours in rosemary garlic & lemon, bbq’d for an hr and a half at around 180 degrees
Just off the bbq resting

Veggies nearly done

johnblack

Über Member
I picked up a Fornetto Razzo last week, new and free so how could I refuse.
Smokey.jpg

I've used it as a grill a couple of times and also smoked a pork shoulder on it, lots of experimenting to do over the next few months.

johnblack

Über Member
Fun times ahead!
Can't wait, getting a dual meat probe today so that will help. Only problem is I can't be bothered going to the bigger supermarkets at the moment as there always seems to be queues and the smaller ones near me don't really do some of the meat I want. Need to go to the butchers but I'm working durng the day when it's open. Just going to have to take some time out and fill up the fridge.

figbat

Slippery scientist
A question regarding the "low and slow" method: how do you regulate the temperature inside the BBQ? Mine seems to run at "SCORCHING HOT" or "OUT". I have limited control over airflow going in and I have a lid that will cover it completely, with a temperature probe. The other day I closed the lid after finishing open-grilling the sausages and burgers and it went up to >250°C.

Is it a case of simply having a small charcoal bed, regularly topped-up, maybe with a water bath?

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
A question regarding the "low and slow" method: how do you regulate the temperature inside the BBQ? Mine seems to run at "SCORCHING HOT" or "OUT". I have limited control over airflow going in and I have a lid that will cover it completely, with a temperature probe. The other day I closed the lid after finishing open-grilling the sausages and burgers and it went up to >250°C.

Is it a case of simply having a small charcoal bed, regularly topped-up, maybe with a water bath?
A water bath will help by absorbing some of the energy and making the air moister, but the best way is to partially block the airflow to reduce the rate of Charcoal burn....

Top Bottom