Show us yer BBQ kit, food, and share recipes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I've bought and scrapped so many BBQs over the years. Started with good intentions, a proper clean as soon as it's safe and all that. Then the next time it's "I'll do it tomorrow", time after that "oh it's raining, I'll put it in the garage". Pretty soon a rusting mess.

I just don't have the discipline to look after a BBQ, though strangely I'm very fussy about maintenance of my bikes 🤷‍♂️
I don’t get this BBQ cleaning caper...apparently special tools are available!

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

I have 3 Weber bbqs, 1 gas 2 charcoal.
The largest is the gas
View attachment 513872

View attachment 513873

View attachment 513875

View attachment 513874

View attachment 513876

The smallest is the portable charcoal we use to take on holiday but is also great if your not cooking much

View attachment 513878 View attachment 513879 View attachment 513880
I found I was using the charcoal one more than the gas and decided to buy a larger one
View attachment 513881 View attachment 513882
That’s pro-level!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
All this cooking on your BBQs makes my mouth water. The kids bought me a fancy gas one for my 65th birhday, 4 years ago, and I am ashamed to say it has only be used maybe 10 times in all that time. Maybe when all this is over, I will get it out again and make a big one with all the kids.

Mrs M

Guru
C’mon, the sun is shining and the BBQs are out!
What you using and what’s cookin’.... Outdoor kitchen/shed?
To kick-off, I use the COBB BBQ/Oven. Last couple of days:
chicken thighs, curry, more chicken and sweet potato wedges!
View attachment 513857

View attachment 513858

View attachment 513859

View attachment 513860
View attachment 513862
The sun is not shining here (as usual) :sad:
The gas barbie is under lock and key until at least June :ohmy:
Your food looks lovely, I am a wee bit green!
Enjoy xx

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

First ever Spatchcock chicken with lemon seasononing, olive oil and fresh thyme from the garden. Was delish!!!

First ever Spatchcock chicken with lemon seasononing, olive oil and fresh thyme from the garden. Was delish!!!
View attachment 514082

View attachment 514083
I have a Cobb and an extension ring but two that's keen <bows>
Cobb are just so good, 9 briquettes (lying flat) last nearly 3 hrs, but 14 briquettes on end, last nearer 5, but either way they're never mad hot as with the lid on they're just an oven rather than a std BBQ.
Turkey crowns dressed with bacon are just superb and as it takes a bottle or two it's proper slow food...

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

I have a Cobb and an extension ring but two that's keen <bows>
Cobb are just so good, 9 briquettes (lying flat) last nearly 3 hrs, but 14 briquettes on end, last nearer 5, but either way they're never mad hot as with the lid on they're just an oven rather than a std BBQ.
Turkey crowns dressed with bacon are just superb and as it takes a bottle or two it's proper slow food...
The newer version has more airflow and gets hotter - the lid has bigger slots that are closeable. A whole chicken takes only a little longer than the kitchen oven.
The second ring has bolts fitted to hold the roasting rack to allow multilayer cooking :-). There are some good fb pages for Cobbing.
Love mine 😊

The newer version has more airflow and gets hotter - the lid has bigger slots that are closeable. A whole chicken takes only a little longer than the kitchen oven.
The second ring has bolts fitted to hold the roasting rack to allow multilayer cooking :-). There are some good fb pages for Cobbing.
Love mine 😊
Oh so now you're going to cost me money!
Damn you (Not)

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
C’mon, the sun is shining and the BBQs are out!
What you using and what’s cookin’.... Outdoor kitchen/shed?
To kick-off, I use the COBB BBQ/Oven. Last couple of days:
chicken thighs, curry, more chicken and sweet potato wedges!
View attachment 513857

View attachment 513858

View attachment 513859

View attachment 513860
View attachment 513862

Mate, I drove past your place yesterday. If only I'd known I could have tooted my horn and you could've chucked me a portion.

Top Bottom