Show us your camping stove.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
Found this on mountaineering forum.

1-BW 41-001.jpg

figbat

Slippery scientist
yebbut - did you ever use the top one?
Have the idea that I have one somewhere.
Dragged around europe (along with tent and hammer) on inter-rail once as a youth - none of it used.

I did use them when in the Air Training Corps, to heat various parts of the 24 hour ration packs in a mess tin. For their small size and light weight, they were very simple and effective. Plus they burn with no ash and no smoke. The fumes are a bit nasty so don’t use inside!

freiston

Veteran
I did use them when in the Air Training Corps, to heat various parts of the 24 hour ration packs in a mess tin. For their small size and light weight, they were very simple and effective. Plus they burn with no ash and no smoke. The fumes are a bit nasty so don’t use inside!

I recall similar ration packs - "compo rations" from the CCF at school. iirc, jam and margarine in tubes (like toothpaste tubes), sugar, chocolate bars and boiled sweets in tins and mock turtle soup (powdered). We used to over-order so that we could stock up our radio room, where we used to hang out and listen to Radio Caroline - drinking our compo ration instant coffee with compo ration condensed milk.

OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
Oh, the racy gauntlets.
Probably his climbing/rope gloves? going by the forum it's on. A bike was a
quick way to access bothies and climbing using estate roads and tracks. Back then no need to book bikes on train (big guards carriages) to travel north to the mountains.

Gwylan

Veteran
Probably his climbing/rope gloves? going by the forum it's on. A bike was a
quick way to access bothies and climbing using estate roads and tracks. Back then no need to book bikes on train (big guards carriages) to travel north to the mountains.

Yes, New Year in Glencoe, rock & ice, before Goretex, down sleeping bag though.

Gwylan

Veteran
I can see your helmet, but where's the bike?

In stealth mode, behind the bench. Obviously the money was not wasted

Top Bottom