Show us your.. cycle helmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Anybody else think mine looks like a cyberman?
PICT0273.JPG
I'd be tempted to give it a nose and a mouth.. and those tufty ears bikers get for their lids!

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
I just use a cycle cap under mine.

IME, the peak sits in a more useful position than the peak on a peaked helmet for keeping sun and rain out of your eyes.

If you are wearing something under a helmet, make sure you try the helmet on with it - some can fit closely enough that a cap will spoil the fit.

If you're a fan of particular procycling teams, a cap can be a subtle way to indicate your support (compared to going full kit). If not, Prendas' multi offers should let you get a nice selection. http://www.prendas.co.uk/cycle-clothing/hats-headwear/cotton-cycling-caps.html?dir=asc&order=price
Not into a pro team no.. new to this all round. Though I do drive an Italian car so that kind of appeals having an Italian flag on it.

They're great caps on that site thanks! :smile:

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Sure. How does one put photos on this fine forum?
they have to be uploaded to somewhere like photobucket or such.. get the URL for the image then click the little icon with a sun and mountains when you're posting here.. paste in the URL and Insert.. and there you have an image..

Some helmets have peaks, some don't
The trick is to find one that fits, feels comfortable, passes a higher spec and you like the look of...... not always easy

The other option is a cycling cap, such as these

Most helmets will allow them to be worn under the helmet, but with the peak out at the front

Top Bottom