show us your helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well it is indeed pretty dull, but it would have to go some to be any more dull than a gallery of lids.

Just to brighten things up then.... a bit more abstract, so less boring?

The image on the left is of my pristine helmet, and on the right the same helmet after it unequivocally saved my life

Splattered-Paint-Background.jpg

Attachments

• Splattered-Paint-Background.jpg
    Splattered-Paint-Background.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 76

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Looks like you ran into Ralph Steadman
steadman.gif

Wobblers

Euthermic
I'm sorry but that is ridiculous, it's simply not true.

Really?

You don't have to be abusive to disrupt a threat or any discussion. In fact you can be absolutely polite and still intentionally steer a decently progressing discussion off-topic. Not to add value but to cause mischief.

The topic is clear (show us your helmet) and yet he continues to do just that - disrupt and bait the less cooled headed. Its poor behaviour and clearly poorly bought up. I say this because he has repeatedly done this.

I don't know about you, but calling someone "badly brought up" [1] sounds like abuse and a personal dig to me. This in a post scarcely half a page down from yours. It is not an isolated example.

[1] Like @User13710 I suspect the original meaning to be "brought" rather than "bought", given that nothing else fits in the context. I'd be very happy to be corrected.

david k

Hi
Really?
I don't know about you, but calling someone "badly brought up" [1] sounds like abuse and a personal dig to me. This in a post scarcely half a page down from yours. It is not an isolated example.
[1] Like @User13710 I suspect the original meaning to be "brought" rather than "bought", given that nothing else fits in the context. I'd be very happy to be corrected.

Read my full post, it was a reply to the suggestion that 'all the abuse comes from helmet wearers" and I went on to say it's no more the case than the other way round

OP
OP
Licramite

Licramite

Über Member
May I suggest this thread closes as it again has been hi-jacked by the tub thumping brigade of "We hate helmets and all who wear them" and WE will not allow them to have a thread without our interference.
Because WE are So Knowledgeable and right. Even if the thread is not a debate on helmets WE MUST SHOUT OUR OPINION.

Helmet fascist's in my opinion.

OP
OP
Licramite

Licramite

Über Member
Please explain how in any way a site entitled "Show us your Helmet" is inviting that worn old chestnut debate about helmet effectiveness?

No there is no way it suggests it unless your an annoying pedant who must bang on about it at every oppotunity.

Its like the sort of bloke who goes on a formula1 site and complains he hates formula1 and its excluding babminton discussion from the site.

If you want to bang on should we or not wear helmets , open up a seperate site and wait till the moderator closes it. - otherwise
Show us your helmet or leave,

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
MOD NOTE:
This thread was recently Resurrected - deliberately to provoke and continue a Closed one.

If you wish to post pictures of your Helmet, do so.

If you post 'Helmet Debate' posts, they will be Deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom