show us your helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
All the abuse and personal digs come from the helmet wearers

I'm sorry but that is ridiculous, it's simply not true.

Many posts claim those who don't wear helmets are victimised and this is often used to justify their confrontational replies, an open minded look through the threads will show this is no more the case than the other way round.

You know Adrain told me to fxxx off yet you say he has never been abusive! I wouldn't know if he has since as it was a long time ago he was added to my ignore list.

I rarely join these debates as I've said and read everything before, the only conclusion I have found is that one half think the other half are hypocrites for not wearing a helmet whilst walking. There are many hypocrites on cycles if this is the case.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
There are some quite bonkers people on the internet .

Tojo

Über Member
There is a useful question about ventilation

It is customary to remove headgear in a Church, in fact some would suggest tht wearing headgear indoors is impolite

May I suggest that if more than 50% of the scalp is exposed through the ventilation ducts then wearing it indoors is acceptable, but if less than 50% is exposed then it is bad manners?

Sorry, but I have got to disagree, it is impolite, unless of course it is Regimental head wear.... :okay:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Giger-trabajando-en-Alien-221x300.jpeg
One of the staff attaches my headwear before my commute....

Sara_H

Guru
Here we go a picture of my balding pate, as you can see I have suffered an injury. This happened yesterday when I banged my head on a cupboard, if only I had been........

View attachment 88259
I suffered quite a nasty injury when getting a lawn mower from the garage. A snow shovel that was stored in the rafters chose the precise moment to fall and landed on my head causing alot of pain and quite a nasty scalp injury. I wen't a bit dizzyfor a while and there was lots of blood.
Now I never go in my garage for the lawn mower without a helmet, and anyone who does is an idiot.

Tojo

Über Member
... or Women

Sorry, yes women can wear hats in those situations, that's normal, so I didn't think of mentioning it.....:okay:

But Adrian is 'all there', as all those of us who know him can attest. He also doesn't make abusive comments about people who choose to wear helmets.

The point of all this is that he, and others who choose not to wear a helmet, don't care whether you wear one or not. We just wish to make the argument that helmets are unproven as a safety device, and that the idea that not wearing one is stupid is the thin end of a very damaging wedge.

You don't have to be abusive to disrupt a threat or any discussion. In fact you can be absolutely polite and still intentionally steer a decently progressing discussion off-topic. Not to add value but to cause mischief.

The topic is clear (show us your helmet) and yet he continues to do just that - disrupt and bait the less cooled headed. Its poor behaviour and clearly poorly bought up. I say this because he has repeatedly done this.

Last edited:

doog

You are not the arbiter of threads around here Arrowroot, and some of us will go on challenging the assumptions around helmet wearing even it if annoys you.

Its fair to say that neither are you or Adrian - in the nicest possible way of course. Adrian has admitted he considers it a public service to patrol these helmet debates and offer an alternative, its a shame you both lack the guile and tact (as demonstrated by a few others - Conubelin for example) to get you message across without getting peoples backs up. Its not the message, its the manner you both deliver it, usually condescending often self congratulating and with a fair bit of sarcasm thrown in. Thats not a good mix, hence my so called 'inexplicable' comment you referred to. :smile:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Its fair to say that neither are you or Adrian - in the nicest possible way of course. Adrian has admitted he considers it a public service to patrol these helmet debates and offer an alternative, its a shame you both lack the guile and tact (as demonstrated by a few others - Conubelin for example) to get you message across without getting peoples backs up. Its not the message, its the manner you both deliver it, usually condescending often self congratulating and with a fair bit of sarcasm thrown in. Thats not a good mix, hence my so called 'inexplicable' comment you referred to. :smile:
Yeah - it is. People don't like having their common-sense assumptions challenged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom