show us your helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
Oh I geddit the shiny end of a penis is called a helmet, how droll and it can change colour too, do the different colours signify anything as I would have thought black was bad?

Tojo

Über Member
Oh I geddit the shiny end of a penis is called a helmet, how droll and it can change colour too, do the different colours signify anything as I would have thought black was bad?

If you look at my post I had a big heavy yellow one....:secret:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It is
upload_2015-5-7_15-53-22.jpeg

Dark Helmet from Spaceballs
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMpZcd0FWVDxzLqucWDmhOAetAHAQQrqM0MZy1U4umPt4la5B60Q.jpg

Attachments

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMpZcd0FWVDxzLqucWDmhOAetAHAQQrqM0MZy1U4umPt4la5B60Q.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMpZcd0FWVDxzLqucWDmhOAetAHAQQrqM0MZy1U4umPt4la5B60Q.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 46

doog

Consider it a public service, putting an alternative to the "stands to reason, they must do some good" line that people are fed day in day out.

A public service ^_^....I call it a broken record. Debate on this issue hasnt existed on here for some time thanks to a select few posters- you included.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Well, if you want to punt up some solid evidence for a net public health benefit associated with cycle helmets, I am sure we would be interested in thinking about that. That aside, if you haven't got an argument that stands scrutiny, that is your problem not mine.
Go outside and headbutt the pavement . Let us know how you get on :okay:

ayceejay

Guru
See this is where my lack of vocabulary lets me down, now we are talking about a blow to the head or the helmet and when I asked Lulu who lives down the hall what a blow to the helmet might be she said "Do you mean 'giving head' " and I am struggling all over again.

doog

Well, if you want to punt up some solid evidence for a net public health benefit associated with cycle helmets, I am sure we would be interested in thinking about that. That aside, if you haven't got an argument that stands scrutiny, that is your problem not mine.

I dont have an agenda like you, im simply a casual observer if you like. However on this very thread is a picture of a damaged helmet from someone who was on the same ride as you.. so is it your assumption that his head would have magically been exempt from the rest of the road rash he suffered and posted so graphically on the other link, if he hadnt had worn a helmet?

Perhaps you can fall off your bike onto your head and report back ? :-)

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
A public service ^_^....I call it a broken record. Debate on this issue hasnt existed on here for some time thanks to a select few posters- you included.
Debate on this issue hasn't existed here for some time thanks to the select few with access to the big red lock thread button, even now the hand of power will be hovering over it as they read through this thread.
The reason given will be that the thread is going round in circles and is just covering the same old arguments, which in many respects is true, however we don't see the same applied to the numerous which lights, which wheels, which road bike under a grand, why don't roadies wave or the myriad of other threads which cover the same ground over and over again. Nor should we in my opinion, we have a regular influx of new members coming to the forum and older members exploring new sub sections, if we continually stifle the discussions this site becomes a blog not a forum.
We'll see how long this particular thread lasts if it becomes the helmet debate which you rightly point out (although for the wrong reasons) we haven't had for some time.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Go outside and headbutt the pavement . Let us know how you get on :okay:
There do indeed appear to be situations where the wearing of a helmet would be beneficial, there are also situations where the wearing of a helmet would be of no benefit at all and then there are situations where the wearing of a helmet could actually cause rather than prevent injuries.
As has been suggested by @Cunobelin can you think of no other scenario in which you bump your head where wearing a helmet may have helped? If you can, what is it about cycling which you think makes it so dangerous that you should wear a helmet whilst doing it whereas wearing a helmet in any other scenario where you could bump your head is not necessary?

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Another forum I visit deals with the helmet issue by confining all debate to a single giant thread (which can be addictive). Actually several giant threads over the years. Not saying that's the way to go here – after all, it's already got its own board – but it's interesting how different forums deal with it.

helmet.jpg

Helmet threads: making the Crusades look like polite squabbles

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom