Show Us Your Kids Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
[QUOTE 2393682, member: 45"]I've just picked up this for £70. A proper MTB and a bit of a bargain. The fact that it fits no-one in the family yet is beside the point. I can upgrade the outdated components while I wait for him to grow...
ABC92BB5-81B6-4CB3-BCCA-C145D02D8024-3568-0000035ED828CF41_zps6b4ddaa8.jpg
[/quote]

That's a lovely red bell! (where's Fnaar?)

Kevin Airey

My sons new Orbea MTB....

893599_10151324650236556_1184081479_o.jpg

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Will have one very excited DD when she gets home from school!!
image-15.jpg
I'll bet - not seen that version before - silver!

I recently was standing next to two Islabikes - both 26" and was asked to compare the weight of them (both red - fairly new, but one newer than the other), and don't know what they have done but the newest one was definitely lighter than the other bike. I wonder if they have managed to shave some weight off the 24 too?

The Dwaff Family

It certainly feels lighter than even her old 20" Beinn. I love the slimmer handlebars, are how they were on sons Cnoc and little hands much preferred it. Saddle is slimmer and more comfy and I think weight has been stripped from wheel area somehow too.

The platinum silver is a special edition colour, soo nice suet seeing something other than red for a change :smile:

The Dwaff Family

You don't like my choice in bike, that's fine by me, I'm very happy with it for now and pretty much everything else my daughter tried to ride was terrible(she has dyspraxia) and its only the Islabike she's been able to turn the gears on, the one light enough for her to stay upright on so she can now enjoy cycling which she's never been able to do so I'm one very happy mum :smile:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
You don't like my choice in bike, that's fine by me,

I apologise. I am not criticising your choice of bike, it sounds like you have picked the perfect bike for your needs.

I am just a little uncomfortable with the Islabikes brand, I have a deep suspicion that they are a company that has very cleverly built a brand passing off average-good bikes as excellent. I have yet to be convinced that they are leagues ahead of the competition. Some of the alternative kids bikes suggested in this thread and elsewhere on the forum are as good or better than the Islabikes, without the premium pricetag.

However, my concerns are irrelevant! Your daughter has a bike and parents who will encourage her to use it and that is the important detail.

Happy cycling, Steve.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I apologise. I am not criticising your choice of bike, it sounds like you have picked the perfect bike for your needs.

I am just a little uncomfortable with the Islabikes brand, I have a deep suspicion that they are a company that has very cleverly built a brand passing off average-good bikes as excellent. I have yet to be convinced that they are leagues ahead of the competition. Some of the alternative kids bikes suggested in this thread and elsewhere on the forum are as good or better than the Islabikes, without the premium pricetag.

However, my concerns are irrelevant! Your daughter has a bike and parents who will encourage her to use it and that is the important detail.

Happy cycling, Steve.
Go to Ludlow. Meet Isla. Get a feel of her comittment and passion for cycling, and her drive to get children cycling. Then question your cynicism:tongue:

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
We have taken delivery of a Beinn 20 for my daughter this week and of the bikes we have looked at it is by far and away the best!! Daughter loves it...it's incredibly light which for herbis a must as she is on the small side. It looks strong, well madr and most importantly...can't keep her off it lol!!

Happy cycling, Steve.

They are good bikes, they do deserve most of the premium and reputation but they are not perfect. Neither of my two wanted one after the first one we bought, simply not cool enough and not up to what they wanted to do, i.e off road and jumping and tricks and things. So that was at about age 10. They appeal to parents more than the kids. Certainly once my two had the option they voted no.

Top Bottom