Show us your MTB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eagone

My sons and my bike -

Attachments

• 869D1B98-CED5-483B-B021-4F30FC521FA7.jpeg
    869D1B98-CED5-483B-B021-4F30FC521FA7.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 90

oldnpastit

Harris with the HT (Stanton Sherpa).

36507539571_5924b07dfe_z.jpg

Ciar

Veteran
I've just been out in Wareham forest finding all the hidden trails. The difference a rear shock makes compared to a hardtail if really noticeable especially with all the smaller bumps in thre trail.

I actually went on holiday to Dorset last year, took the MTB on holiday with us and did a day with a local guide in Wareham lovely part of the country and the forest was amazing :smile:

My old ones

Not owned MTB since about 2010

1989 Marin Pine Mountain
xklcvnsa - Copy.jpg

PX'd for a Pace Research RC100, in 1990 (or early 1991?)
1990s. Mountain Bike (YMBC) Tong. 1993. 3.jpg 1990s. Mountain Bike. Robin Hoods Bay. 1992. 1.jpg Cycling. 1990s. Cyclo-Cross. 1993. Johnathon Noble Memorial.jpg

Sold to brother-in-law, about 1997 (after I'd had it repainted, & the cranks/stem chromed)

A gap then until 2007
Trek 6000Disc
I had to substantially adjust it, on purchase
Far too 'sit up & beg', & 'mile-wide' h/bars
The fat (2.2"?) tyres were binned, for 1.5" Specialized Houfallise (spelling?)
Cycling. Cyclo-Cross. 2008. Cyclist verses Harriers. 3.jpg 2007. Trek 6000 Disc. 2.JPG

Sold during the year that opens this post

Why I was being chased by runners, it was the 2008 http://www.bingleyharriers.co.uk/events/harriers-vs-cyclists/

Last edited:
Just love those Pace. Superb. :becool:
Yes, they're still very nice

The precurser to the Aheadset (present day system, but upside down) however it limited you to the stem it came with, or a custom order
If buying a new one, Duncan would weld one up for you
I went to the workshops a couple of times, when they were at Leeming; the one between Haworth & Denholme (not up A1, near RAF Dishforth)
Individually replaceable fork-legs (Reynolds 531)

Not my pictures, but you get the idea
Pace Research RC100. 8.jpg Pace Research RC100. 9.jpg

'Ditto' with the Bullseye cranks (to Shimano) but, the l/h crank was only held with a very small 'cam' (1/2 inch or less)

Externally triple-butted

Pace Research RC100. 3.jpg

Grease nipple on head-set & BB shell
Pace Research RC100. 10.jpg

And Maguras, which were a blessing & a curse
Bags of power, easy to bleed
Blocks just pulled out to change
if a stone got into the block, it wore the rim - in one race!!
No facility to remove a wheel without deflating tyre, initially (later a QR brake mount was used)

OH!, & knowing the sponsored riders (Steve Worland & Richard) helped
1990 - 1991 NEMBA
1990s. Mountain Bike. Bingley. St Ives Estate.jpg
Still count Richard, his brother, parents, as friends
2016 'Harriers v Cyclists'
2016. Harriers v Cyclists. 2.jpg

Want to know more??
Ask

Last edited:

ChrisEyles

Guru
I've recently come to the conclusion that the FS bike I own is over-kill for most of the riding I do, and so I decided to sell it and found a more modern hardtail instead. It needs a bit of work to get it ready to hit the bridleways, but first I thought I'd take the nicer bits off the FS and swap them for some of the components on my work MTB that are showing their age.

So here's my '97 Marin Hawk Hill with some much nicer wheels, comfier saddle, an upgrade to 8 speeds with STX RC derailleur and shifters, and nicer V brakes and levers (the old avid single digits brake arms had a *lot* of play in them!). I didn't quite have room for my bar ends with the trigger shifters instead of grip shifters so took the lock-on grips off the FS bike too. Not sure if these will stay or if I'll get cut them down and re-fit bar ends.

IMG_1409.JPG
IMG_1410.JPG
IMG_1411.JPG
IMG_1412.JPG

Plan is to fit all the older bits that came off this bike back onto the FS donor bike, and offer it up as a cheap and cheerful first bouncy bike for someone local (it will probably get used for shopping trips around town which will pain me slightly but there you go!).

Chappy

Guru
Hey Chappy - i am looking at taking the plunge on either a Boardman or a Calibre Bossnut. Just curious though the frame design is different than the one on the Halfords website. Any ideas?

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bik...e-pro-full-suspension-27-5-16-18-19-20-frames

Thanks
Clive
Hey Chappy - i am looking at taking the plunge on either a Boardman or a Calibre Bossnut. Just curious though the frame design is different than the one on the Halfords website. Any ideas?

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bik...e-pro-full-suspension-27-5-16-18-19-20-frames

Thanks
Clive

Hi Clive

I think the slight differences in the frame are due to the F/S that I have was last year's model .

Top Bottom