Show us your MTB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Heres mine and Little V's new MTBs. Ben bought his own Btwin a few weeks ago. (from savings acrued over his life) as I said he could have one for Xmas but he wants a new console... Mine is a Python aquired yesterday
IMG_20181020_090937.jpg

Oldbloke

Guru
Merida 96XT bought a few weeks ago, bars are high for my old aching shoulders! Bliss to ride after my last couple of hardtails:biggrin:
IMG_20181005_163317302_HDR.jpg

Levo-Lon

Guru
This is my new (used) MTB, I am still very, very bad at it but I keep hitting the trails.. Maybe one day I won't be too scared of falling down.

View attachment 436128

I was suppose to be faster and easier to get over the rocks and roots... I don't see it.. But is a nice bike. No complains there

The more cautious you are the more you crash and burn.
If you go really fast your not able to crash at the hazzard as you've passed it:laugh:
You do still crash but not where you thought so much better for your confidence;)

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
The more cautious you are the more you crash and burn.
If you go really fast your not able to crash at the hazzard as you've passed it:laugh:
You do still crash but not where you thought so much better for your confidence;)

Keep hearing this.. People I ride with said they are going to cut my breaks off..
So far my confidence going downhill in none existent.
Good thing I am fairly strong going up the hills so I gain time up... and they cut it out and pass me going down..
Is no surprise to me I am the same on the road.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Keep hearing this.. People I ride with said they are going to cut my breaks off..
So far my confidence going downhill in none existent.
Good thing I am fairly strong going up the hills so I gain time up... and they cut it out and pass me going down..
Is no surprise to me I am the same on the road.

As long as you enjoy it ..takes a lot of practice to go quicker without a visit to A&E

fted33

Ride at your pace and take the downhills and rocks the same. No point lying on your back in the middle of nowhere with no phone signal and no one around to hear you scream. Been there done that. Anyone tries to force you tell em to Feck off. (feck is not a swear word in the irish language it means please go away and leave me alone)

Kernow_T

Über Member
IMG_20181031_154259.jpg
Stepping over to the dark side and dabbling with MTB (never have before). Picked this up (2nd hand but only ridden twice) and loved my first spin yesterday. Basically have no gear at all so if anyone has anything going cheaply (esp shoes sz 10) I'd be most interested. Would also appreciate any advice on what I might find handy kit wise. Absolute max budget of £75-100 to get me started. Happy to manage for the time-being though would like shoes as a priority. Any words of wisdom gratefully received.

Last edited:
Top Bottom